Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,739   Online: 888
      
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    46

    Which 80mm Hasselblad lens should I get?

    So I'm planning on getting a Hasselblad C/M in the near future, and was looking on KEH at the different parts. I'm planning on getting an 80mm lens to start out with, and I saw two different ones C and C T*. Is there a great difference between these two lenses, other than the fact that CT* is a hundred bucks more? Or is there another lens I should get?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    105
    http://isurplus.com.au/manuals/Hasse...ns%20Guide.pdf
    http://antiquecameras.net/hasselbladclenses.html

    A little research should help.

    FYI
    I would get the 100mm glass, 80 good 100 better
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/red_eyes_man/

    Photographer not a job description - a diagnosis.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    747
    Are you a one lens kind of guy or do you plan on owning 2 or more lenses? The reason I ask is that the C and CT lenses use different size filters. It would be nice to own all C or CT lenses.

    Chris is right about the 100mm. It's sharper than the 80mm but more expensive.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Are you a one lens kind of guy or do you plan on owning 2 or more lenses? The reason I ask is that the C and CT lenses use different size filters. It would be nice to own all C or CT lenses.

    Chris is right about the 100mm. It's sharper than the 80mm but more expensive.
    Correction. I meant C and CF lenses use a different filter. Sorry!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    100
    get the 80 C, optically its about the same, then you can spend more money on film, and, or a 45 degree prism.

  6. #6
    RalphLambrecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,370
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Atari1977 View Post
    So I'm planning on getting a Hasselblad C/M in the near future, and was looking on KEH at the different parts. I'm planning on getting an 80mm lens to start out with, and I saw two different ones C and C T*. Is there a great difference between these two lenses, other than the fact that CT* is a hundred bucks more? Or is there another lens I should get?
    I have two CT*and they are both excellent. my choice would be a CF, because all my other Hasselblad lenses are CFs and the handling is slightly different, but it's not a big deal and the 60 bay filters fit both.
    Regards

    Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    46
    Do you guys recommend bay filters? I have some filters I use for large format photogaphy, they're about 72 or 77mm though. Obviously it's hard to walk around with that on, but its good for a tripod.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    747
    From what I have read the C and C T* lenses take Bay 50 filters, the CF lenses take Bay 60 filters and the CFi lenses take Bay 70 filters. Some special lenses take other filters.

    I own an 80mm CF lens. I have a conversion ring to 67mm and a step-up ring to 77mm so I can use my 77mm screw in filters as well as Bay 60 filters.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Atari1977 View Post
    Do you guys recommend bay filters? I have some filters I use for large format photogaphy, they're about 72 or 77mm though. Obviously it's hard to walk around with that on, but its good for a tripod.
    The Bay filters are nice. I own a set of Softars. It is cheaper to use threaded filters especially if you already own a set.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    46
    So the general consensus is that this lens would be better? Well it's cheaper than the CT*, not chrome though, which is slightly disappointing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin