Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,739   Online: 888

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Which 80mm Hasselblad lens should I get?

So I'm planning on getting a Hasselblad C/M in the near future, and was looking on KEH at the different parts. I'm planning on getting an 80mm lens to start out with, and I saw two different ones C and C T*. Is there a great difference between these two lenses, other than the fact that CT* is a hundred bucks more? Or is there another lens I should get?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    http://isurplus.com.au/manuals/Hasse...ns%20Guide.pdf
    http://antiquecameras.net/hasselbladclenses.html

A little research should help.

FYI
    I would get the 100mm glass, 80 good 100 better
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/red_eyes_man/

Photographer not a job description - a diagnosis.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Are you a one lens kind of guy or do you plan on owning 2 or more lenses? The reason I ask is that the C and CT lenses use different size filters. It would be nice to own all C or CT lenses.

Chris is right about the 100mm. It's sharper than the 80mm but more expensive.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Are you a one lens kind of guy or do you plan on owning 2 or more lenses? The reason I ask is that the C and CT lenses use different size filters. It would be nice to own all C or CT lenses.

Chris is right about the 100mm. It's sharper than the 80mm but more expensive.
    Correction. I meant C and CF lenses use a different filter. Sorry!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    get the 80 C, optically its about the same, then you can spend more money on film, and, or a 45 degree prism.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Atari1977 View Post
    So I'm planning on getting a Hasselblad C/M in the near future, and was looking on KEH at the different parts. I'm planning on getting an 80mm lens to start out with, and I saw two different ones C and C T*. Is there a great difference between these two lenses, other than the fact that CT* is a hundred bucks more? Or is there another lens I should get?
    I have two CT*and they are both excellent. my choice would be a CF, because all my other Hasselblad lenses are CFs and the handling is slightly different, but it's not a big deal and the 60 bay filters fit both.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do you guys recommend bay filters? I have some filters I use for large format photogaphy, they're about 72 or 77mm though. Obviously it's hard to walk around with that on, but its good for a tripod.

Shooter
    Large Format
    From what I have read the C and C T* lenses take Bay 50 filters, the CF lenses take Bay 60 filters and the CFi lenses take Bay 70 filters. Some special lenses take other filters.

I own an 80mm CF lens. I have a conversion ring to 67mm and a step-up ring to 77mm so I can use my 77mm screw in filters as well as Bay 60 filters.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Atari1977 View Post
    Do you guys recommend bay filters? I have some filters I use for large format photogaphy, they're about 72 or 77mm though. Obviously it's hard to walk around with that on, but its good for a tripod.
    The Bay filters are nice. I own a set of Softars. It is cheaper to use threaded filters especially if you already own a set.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So the general consensus is that this lens would be better? Well it's cheaper than the CT*, not chrome though, which is slightly disappointing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin