Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,483   Posts: 1,571,228   Online: 1136

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks guys for your comforting remarks. I've come to a point where I want to narrow down my focus (pun pun). I will be selling a lot of gear over the next while and will probably only keep my Leica M5, Nikon F5 and my Nikon D700 (don't stone me, I need it for commercial work). I will be selling my equally beloved Linhof TkIV, several Nikon N90s's, lenses I don't use anymore and other odds and ends. After being a "photographer" for so many years and a packrat to boot I have way to much "stuff". My sweetie will lend me her Shen-Hao when I need a LF field camera. For most LF work I can use my trusty Cambo monorail.

So if you want the now famous "naked butt" Linhof make me an offer. New bellows too.

Eric
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I hereby offer you $150, as well as 10% of all future photo sales made with it. 8^)
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Eric,

Can you post a list of stuff with prices?

Not that I need anything, like yourself, I also have way too much stuff. But , you never know

Cheers,

Dan Gordon

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've also decided to purge my Hasselblad gear (though not listing here). I'm going to keep the ELM and an 80. The C/M is going. I've deemed it as undesirable on account of vibration. The fact of the matter is that the C's just can't keep still when you trip them. They're beautiful, compact, and top quality. But between the C and the EL, the EL outclasses it in the most important department: The EL's don't jump when you trip them. Whatever vibration the motor causes is AFTER the important moment. I attribute this to the weight that acts as a vibration damper. You don't need a tripod to keep it still. Although the C is a doll baby, what good is it's compactness if it is basically a tripod camera, by reason of vibration? It only takes a little research to find out that a C can't take a sharp picture below 1/125 without a tripod.
    On the other hand, the EL is more hefty than I would prefer, but a camera only has 1 thing in life to do: keep still. And the C, C/M simply cannot do that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I've also decided to purge my Hasselblad gear (though not listing here). I'm going to keep the ELM and an 80. The C/M is going. I've deemed it as undesirable on account of vibration. The fact of the matter is that the C's just can't keep still when you trip them. They're beautiful, compact, and top quality. But between the C and the EL, the EL outclasses it in the most important department: The EL's don't jump when you trip them. Whatever vibration the motor causes is AFTER the important moment. I attribute this to the weight that acts as a vibration damper. You don't need a tripod to keep it still. Although the C is a doll baby, what good is it's compactness if it is basically a tripod camera, by reason of vibration? It only takes a little research to find out that a C can't take a sharp picture below 1/125 without a tripod.
    On the other hand, the EL is more hefty than I would prefer, but a camera only has 1 thing in life to do: keep still. And the C, C/M simply cannot do that.

I have made sharp photographs with my 500C at shutter speeds lower than 1/125.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    Hasselblad 500 Penny Trick...
    Damn. That's nice.

But it's not the table underneath that's damping the system, is it? Perhaps a better test would be to suspend the entire camera by a single wire that is directly above the center of mass, then trip the shutter?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Thanks guys for your comforting remarks. I've come to a point where I want to narrow down my focus (pun pun). I will be selling a lot of gear over the next while and will probably only keep my Leica M5, Nikon F5 and my Nikon D700 (don't stone me, I need it for commercial work). I will be selling my equally beloved Linhof TkIV, several Nikon N90s's, lenses I don't use anymore and other odds and ends. After being a "photographer" for so many years and a packrat to boot I have way to much "stuff". My sweetie will lend me her Shen-Hao when I need a LF field camera. For most LF work I can use my trusty Cambo monorail.

So if you want the now famous "naked butt" Linhof make me an offer. New bellows too.

Eric
    Wait what's this now famous naked butt thing? Serious since I thought my butt shot was the famous one lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Boy oh boy is there a photo of my M2 that I need to upload...
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yeah, I know the penny trick. Seen it countless times in the printing biz where they crank up the speed on a Heidelberg press with a coin standing on edge. Means nothing. I can do the same thing on a Hamada or Multilith (small press). I was in traffic just yesterday and saw a mantis still holding on to the side of a van in the next lane at 45mph. That bug held on. So what?
    Take a C, put it up to your nose and face, and sight over the top at some object. Hold that camera as still as you can, and squeeze the shutter as soft as you can. FLOP!! The camera shakes, your eyes blink in reflex, and the camera shakes at the target you've sighted on. No way you can keep that thing still. Now take an EL and do the same little test. Barely a hint of movement. A C cannot cut the mustard hand-held compared with an EL. Kinda funny that EL/ELM is nearly worthless in resale value, but they can hold still. That's all that counts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Wait what's this now famous naked butt thing?
    Be really, really, careful what you ask for.

No kidding.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin