Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,014   Online: 777

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey if anyone wants to see it, it's not all that hard to find. I took it all off cuz if I slipped and dumped myself in the water, which would not be unusual for me, then I would have to spend the rest of the day hiking in wet undies. Yuk!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Hey if anyone wants to see it, it's not all that hard to find. I took it all off cuz if I slipped and dumped myself in the water, which would not be unusual for me, then I would have to spend the rest of the day hiking in wet undies. Yuk!
    The careful planner just in case, especially for someone who might fall often, good idea! Love the pic by the way, it's great!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ggervais View Post
    We are talking about a camera, right?
    Hasselblad isnot justa camera; it's a way of life and a serious love affair. I hug mine every night;nothing loves you like your blad.with that camera, you're never alone;seriously,there is something special about it; just hold one in your hand and you'll know what I'm talking about.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Hasselblad isnot justa camera; it's a way of life and a serious love affair. I hug mine every night;nothing loves you like your blad.with that camera, you're never alone;seriously,there is something special about it; just hold one in your hand and you'll know what I'm talking about.
    Yes, there is, RL. It is special. But then the shutter trips and that big jump in my hands makes my heart sink. So I'm working on cultivating a relationship with my ELM. It's big and heavy, but it holds still. And in my better senses, I realize that's ALL that is important. That's why my C/M is on the way out the door. I'll not have a camera that jumps like a bullfrog when I trip it. (yes, all new foam)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Yes, there is, RL. It is special. But then the shutter trips and that big jump in my hands makes my heart sink. So I'm working on cultivating a relationship with my ELM. It's big and heavy, but it holds still. And in my better senses, I realize that's ALL that is important. That's why my C/M is on the way out the door. I'll not have a camera that jumps like a bullfrog when I trip it. (yes, all new foam)
    Try a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II, I've hand held it at 1/60th (tightly) without any camera shake, sure it's heavy and bulkier, but it won't jump on you, and the glass is really good.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    I had an RB, but got rid of it pretty quick. It hesitates between the trip and the action, and expressions on people can change in that long instant. Had it happen a couple times. Weird expressions on people's faces in the picture that weren't there when I first pushed the button.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I had an RB, but got rid of it pretty quick. It hesitates between the trip and the action, and expressions on people can change in that long instant. Had it happen a couple times. Weird expressions on people's faces in the picture that weren't there when I first pushed the button.
    Strange, no delay for me on the RZ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Strange, no delay for me on the RZ
    Me either...

and no jump for me on a 500C or C/M...
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Hasselblad C C/M vibration situation has been a subject of much discussion on this site, among others, and was even noted by Adams. It IS a definite problem. I've sidestepped the problem by switching over to my ELM. The weight of the motor/battery dampens these vibrations down to practically nothing. Besides, I'm familiar with the mechanism. There's a little pin on the interior gear that pushed the mirror up to its final position AFTER the initial slap-and-bounce, and BEFORE the shutter actually trips. What happens is that the mirror does the customary slap, then bounces back a wee bit, then the pin comes around a tad, forcing the mirror back up, then the shutter trips. No vibration. Along with the dampening of its weight, it's just about as good as a Rolleiflex.
    Cheaper, too. EL's and ELM's can be bought with pocket change nearly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Just sold all my Blad gear :(

I shot my CM last weekend loaded with 400 speed b&w and with the 150 Sonnar mounted. Handheld with a grip. Mostly photos of my family at a picnic in a local botanical gardens. Almost everything shot at f/5.6 and 1/250th. If there was vibration issues I certainly cannot see any effect. Negs are tack sharp.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin