Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,487   Online: 1119

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    The Hasselblad C C/M vibration situation has been a subject of much discussion on this site, among others, and was even noted by Adams. It IS a definite problem. I've sidestepped the problem by switching over to my ELM. The weight of the motor/battery dampens these vibrations down to practically nothing. Besides, I'm familiar with the mechanism. There's a little pin on the interior gear that pushed the mirror up to its final position AFTER the initial slap-and-bounce, and BEFORE the shutter actually trips. What happens is that the mirror does the customary slap, then bounces back a wee bit, then the pin comes around a tad, forcing the mirror back up, then the shutter trips. No vibration. Along with the dampening of its weight, it's just about as good as a Rolleiflex.
    Cheaper, too. EL's and ELM's can be bought with pocket change nearly.
    I don't see any evidence of it in my pictures, compared to for example Rolleiflex. What is it in your prints that you attribute to the mirror?
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    I shoot my CM last weekend loaded with 400 speed b&w and with the 150 Sonnar mounted. Handheld with a grip. Mostly photos of my family at a picnic in a local botanical gardens. Almost everything shot at f/5.6 and 1/250th. If there was vibration issues I certainly cannot see any effect. Negs are tack sharp.
    The vibration is documented at 1/125 and below. 1/250 is fine. Usage depends on owner. I tend to do a lot at 1/30 with flash-fill on people. Besides that, using 100 speed film doesn't always allow fast shutter speeds even in daylight. No 2 ways about it--a C, C/M is not a smooth camera. A Rollei can run circles around it. I've posted this photo before. I see a cool and collected Reinhold Heidecke leaning there looking self-assured, while VH is trying to convince him his new toy can compare. But we know it cannot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VictorHasselblad_ReinholdHeidecke.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    I shot my CM last weekend loaded with 400 speed b&w and with the 150 Sonnar mounted. Handheld with a grip. Mostly photos of my family at a picnic in a local botanical gardens. Almost everything shot at f/5.6 and 1/250th. If there was vibration issues I certainly cannot see any effect. Negs are tack sharp.
    At 250th of a second you shouldn't have any vibration issues, it's the 1/60 or 1/125 that people are worried about, sometimes people want more of the shot in focus, can't always go to f/5.6...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I repeat my question. What in your prints is not satisfying, attributable to the mirror?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I repeat my question. What in your prints is not satisfying, attributable to the mirror?
    Call it confidence and security. Add my natural shake to the camera's, and I can't be at ease till the film comes back. My ELM is like a rock, and my C/M is like a bullfrog.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Call it confidence and security. Add my natural shake to the camera's, and I can't be at ease till the film comes back. My ELM is like a rock, and my C/M is like a bullfrog.
    So you can't show in a print that the mirror vibration actually affects the outcome? Yet you're here professing to everybody that it vibrates out of your hand. What the hell?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Hasselblad C C/M vibration situation has been a subject of much discussion on this site, among others, and was even noted by Adams. It IS a definite problem. I've sidestepped the problem by switching over to my ELM. The weight of the motor/battery dampens these vibrations down to practically nothing. Besides, I'm familiar with the mechanism. There's a little pin on the interior gear that pushed the mirror up to its final position AFTER the initial slap-and-bounce, and BEFORE the shutter actually trips. What happens is that the mirror does the customary slap, then bounces back a wee bit, then the pin comes around a tad, forcing the mirror back up, then the shutter trips. No vibration. Along with the dampening of its weight, it's just about as good as a Rolleiflex.
    Cheaper, too. EL's and ELM's can be bought with pocket change nearly.
    I have found with my 503CX that the vibration situation exists only in the internet ethernet or in the minds of those who insist that the only real camera is a range finder camera. The Hasselblad vibration situation does not exist in the real world. I have used the 250mm hand held for a 1/250 second exposure and I cannot find any blur from the vibration on the negative when greatly enlarged.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    At 250th of a second you shouldn't have any vibration issues, it's the 1/60 or 1/125 that people are worried about, sometimes people want more of the shot in focus, can't always go to f/5.6...
    Why would anyone want to hand hold a 250mm lens of any camera for a 1/60 exposure?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I have found with my 503CX that the vibration situation exists only in the internet ethernet or in the minds of those who insist that the only real camera is a range finder camera. The Hasselblad vibration situation does not exist in the real world. I have used the 250mm hand held for a 1/250 second exposure and I cannot find any blur from the vibration on the negative when greatly enlarged.
    The guys who engineered the Hasselblad cameras were no dummies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    The guys who engineered the Hasselblad cameras were no dummies.
    However the same cannot be said for those who claim the the Hasselblad vibration situation exists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin