Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,865   Online: 1007

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Oh, well. I'm not here to hog the OP's thread or to cause altercation. I don't like the big jump and it's good enough for me. My ELM doesn't do like that, so it's moved up to #1 position. Besides, it's always ready for the next shot. Kinda like automatic transmission.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    At 250th of a second you shouldn't have any vibration issues, it's the 1/60 or 1/125 that people are worried about, sometimes people want more of the shot in focus, can't always go to f/5.6...
    Perhaps but if I want sharpness I rarely will hand hold anything short of 1/125th, even with my Leicas and Rolleiflexes. Those who claim handhold-ability down to 1/15th on rangefinders or even SLRs are just accepting more shake and blurriness than I ever would. I often do use my Hassy on a tripod at lower speeds but again nothing but tack sharpness, unless I missed the focus.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Why would anyone want to hand hold a 250mm lens of any camera for a 1/60 exposure?
    umm to get the shot... ? lol heck with the weight of a 250 I would think it would be easier lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Perhaps but if I want sharpness I rarely will hand hold anything short of 1/125th, even with my Leicas and Rolleiflexes. Those who claim handhold-ability down to 1/15th on rangefinders or even SLRs are just accepting more shake and blurriness than I ever would. I often do use my Hassy on a tripod at lower speeds but again nothing but tack sharpness, unless I missed the focus.
    I wouldn't claim to be able to get down to 1/15th with the Mamiya RZ67, but I've certainly gotten tack sharp images at 1/60th.

I've gotten tack sharp images to probably 1/30th on the Canon 1V, but probably not 1/15 unless I'm resting it on a banister or something, and then it's almost like using a tripod...

On the other hand I've gotten nice shots at 1/8th with my Mamiya 7 ... but you have to be REALLY careful and brace yourself against something, and your subject can't be moving either LOL.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Tack sharp" is somewhat subjective, at least if it's not measured in some scientific way. For me, using 6x6, I wouldn't judge "tack sharp" in any print under 20x20 inches.
    As for the Hasselblad issue, I find it hard to believe that a company with it's history, reputation for precision, and legions of professional photographers would release a second rate product.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    However the same cannot be said for those who claim the the Hasselblad vibration situation exists.
    Word.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hold a C/M and trip it. Now pick up the ELM and click it. Smooth as silk. That thing has a 10lb chrome-and-leather vibration damper attached to the bottom of it. Practically like hauling around an anvil after toting a C/M. Go ahead.... click it again. Smoooooth. The EL ELM is a whole other animal from the standard Hasselblad. And they don't cost anything. That's really wild. You put some fresh foam in an EL and it is sweet as a Rolleiflex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't own a Hasselblad, but did shoot a few rolls with a borrowed one, about 20 years ago. I don't remember the model, but it was an excellent experience. It seemed very well engineered, and elegant in it's use. There's no way I can believe they'd issue the substandard product you describe.

Shooter
    Large Format
    WHERE did I say substandard??? For corn's sake.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    WHERE did I say substandard??? For corn's sake.
    Pretty much every post in this thread.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin