Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,981   Online: 825

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    So a selfie is seen chimpin' its own selfie.

So the digi-snappers do not even have a life ... so sad
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    oh - I sympazise for the selling of that Hasselblad... (or just selling anything...)
    I have the reverse problem... I just got given three (!!) Hasselblads - they are on their way... and I don't really know what to do with them....

Actually been thinking of selling (ouch..) out of my (too) large stock of camera stuff....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    I'll do a selfie.
    I recently heard that a new cause of automobile accidents is due to people taking selfies with their cell phones while driving.

People are strange!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    What is a selfie?

Is that part of the foul mouthed digit-speak spoken by digi-snappers?
    There's a thread on it recently actually, also it's the Oxford English dictionary's word of the year, no, they've either made it legit, or themselves not... Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Hold a C/M and trip it. Now pick up the ELM and click it. Smooth as silk. That thing has a 10lb chrome-and-leather vibration damper attached to the bottom of it. Practically like hauling around an anvil after toting a C/M. Go ahead.... click it again. Smoooooth. The EL ELM is a whole other animal from the standard Hasselblad. And they don't cost anything. That's really wild. You put some fresh foam in an EL and it is sweet as a Rolleiflex.
    I'm sorry but frankly this is absolute bullshit.

I have toted an ELM and a 500C side by side in the same bag, one with an 80 and one with a 150. I couldn't tell you which camera made which roll of negatives. There is no vibration issue with a 500C or C/M other than those created by the user. I'm sorry but it simply isn't the case.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I think the simpler solution is to not use this camera at all, and keep my money, which takes a tiny little battery that I can buy anywhere (well not anywhere, but at most CBS's and obviously online which is a better deal in sets of 5 for $10) no wonder they're so cheap

If I'm going to buy another meeting format system, it better damn well not need batteries at all... The whole mixture of batteries and cameras for film just annoys the heck out of me lol. I do too much shooting in weather conditions that and up killing batteries, like freezing weather etc., so that's why I went large-format, no batteries thank goodness!

The only thing in my kit that needs a battery is the spot meter, if I could find a good spot meter that didn't require batteries I would be in heaven!
    Given that you use a Mamiya 7 or an RZ, I think you're kind of pulling our collective legs.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    You know something? Maybe I'm just old fashioned and a bit on the genial side. I just don't speak poorly to these people. When you write profanity on the internet, it stays out there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    oh - I sympazise for the selling of that Hasselblad... (or just selling anything...)
    I have the reverse problem... I just got given three (!!) Hasselblads - they are on their way... and I don't really know what to do with them....

Actually been thinking of selling (ouch..) out of my (too) large stock of camera stuff....
    Emil- Keep them, and make images with them. Nobody does it better...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    Given that you use a Mamiya 7 or an RZ, I think you're kind of pulling our collective legs.
    I said "if I were to buy ANOTHER system" as in from now on...

Also, when I said "my kit" I was referring to my Large Format kit... which requires no batteries at all...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    You know something? Maybe I'm just old fashioned and a bit on the genial side. I just don't speak poorly to these people. When you write profanity on the internet, it stays out there.
    I'm confused, is this in reference to when I used the word "damn" in my sentence? I'm sorry if I offended you, however obviously if my language offends, then my images surely would too LOL

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin