Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,879   Online: 1029

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Question about the rb67.

Hi everyone.
    I am in the process of selling off a big portion of my polaroid and 35mm stuff so i can focus more on medium format.I am looking in to getting the Mamiya rb67 sd from KEH.com.I have done a good amount of research on the camera but for some reason can figure out how one would go about setting the asa on the camera.Maybe i am missing something but how does that work haha.Also on a side note.Do i have to have a paid subsciption to post in the for sale section?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    there is no meter on the camera.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you have a light meter, you set the ISO on the meter which takes film speed into account. Then meter and adjust exposure accordingly. And, yes, I believe the classifieds are for paying subscribers only.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A) RB67s have no meter, unless you have one of the two prisms that have a CdS meter in them. One is the Chimney style and the other is one of the three or four different Prism finders. In each case however, you need to manually set the shutter speed and aperture, it's not indexed. If you desire more modern metering-settings coupling, I'd suggest looking at the RZ67. In addition to that, there are two other advantages over the RB; it is lighter weight, and it has a single lever for cocking the shutter/resetting the mirror and advancing the film, compared with two levers for the same steps on an RB. I still make inadvertent multiple exposures with my RB sometimes when I'm in a hurry and forget to wind the lever on the film back ("stupid, stupid, stupid...")

B) yes, only members are allowed to post items for sale in the classifieds. There might be a minimum length of time as a member requirement too. Or, maybe that's on LFF, I can't recall.

C) Welcome aboard by the way...
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    an RB67 Pro SD prevents accidental double exposure, though one of the earlier models (whichever one KennyMark has I guess) does not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are later metering finders like the PD magnifying chimney finder that use silicon photo cells for the meter.

The Pro-S and Pro-SD both offer double-exposure protection, if you use them with either Pro-S or Pro-SD backs.

All the backs have a spot at the back to put the end of a film box in - so that is sort of like setting the ISO.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    and don't be scared off by the lack of meter - just get a handheld incident meter and you'll be good to go for most situations - it's very easy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    There are later metering finders like the PD magnifying chimney finder that use silicon photo cells for the meter.

The Pro-S and Pro-SD both offer double-exposure protection, if you use them with either Pro-S or Pro-SD backs.

All the backs have a spot at the back to put the end of a film box in - so that is sort of like setting the ISO.
    I must have at least one Pro back in the bag then. I thought all of mine were either Pro S or Pro SD. Time to inspect more closely...
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyMark View Post
    I must have at least one Pro back in the bag then. I thought all of mine were either Pro S or Pro SD. Time to inspect more closely...
    When the back's off the camera try pulling dark slide out. Pro s and sd have a lock, pro will slide right out.

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Analoguey. You just saved me from feeding nickels into the google.

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    When the back's off the camera try pulling dark slide out. Pro s and sd have a lock, pro will slide right out.

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin