Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,839   Online: 1054

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I own the Makina 67, 670 and W67. I am totally impressed by the lens signature of the Makina 67 and 670 for portraiture. They are somehow sharper than my Hasselblad 503CW with the CFE 80mm lens. I bought a Mamiya 6 but returned it because I found the build not as solid as the Makina. I hear the Mamiya 7 is sharper than the Makina but sometimes sharpness isn't everything...check out this shot on my flickr account:http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_clo...57628680978073

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Matus Kalisky View Post
    I would only consider Plaubel if the main purpose would be portraits or such - the f/2.8 lens has really nice OOF rendering that you will not get with M7. The Bessa III / Fuji gf670 seems to have a bit busy rendering at times.
    The M7 150mm lens is superb. As for shallow DOF - you'll only get 4 inches at 6 feet and f/5.6. The real issue is focusing accurately with the fairly short rangefinder baseline. That's why I shoot environmental portraits with mine. There are better choices if you want tight head shots (SLR comes to mind).

http://dofmaster.com/doftable.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    I've become very interested in this thread as I'm looking to get a lighter camera then my hasselblad to haul around when backpacking and fishing/hunting in Alaska.
    I have thought long and hard about what you articulate. That being said. I have arrived at this- I can put a Hasselblad into a rolled up rain-coat or whatever, and have no qualm with it getting knocked about or leaned on during a rest. I hiked Colorado this way a couple years back. If a Makina 67 were in my pack, I would would be afraid of rough treatment. Also a Hasslebald with WLF closed hangs real nice on your side, and with prices what they are, parts and repairs seemingly to be had anywhere, who cares if it gets knocked around or wet (and aside from grit and a absolute soaking a Hasselblad doesn't mind either, I think you could stand on one too.) I couldn't feel that way about any other camera I currently own... (except my economically worthless Nikonos system).
    Last edited by vpwphoto; 08-28-2013 at 03:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theclothshutter View Post
    I own the Makina 67, 670 and W67. I am totally impressed by the lens signature of the Makina 67 and 670 for portraiture. They are somehow sharper than my Hasselblad 503CW with the CFE 80mm lens. I bought a Mamiya 6 but returned it because I found the build not as solid as the Makina. I hear the Mamiya 7 is sharper than the Makina but sometimes sharpness isn't everything...check out this shot on my flickr account:http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_clo...57628680978073
    +1 I covet the look/rendering of the Makina 67's Nikkor.

BUT if I didn't own the 500cm system, I'd covet it too... :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin