Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,548   Online: 1072

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Wait, so why do the RZ Pro (non- II) backs have foam?
    Don't know, but I'm going to guess that the Pro-SD came out after the RZ Pro.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

1st shots with Mamiya 140mm Macro on RB67

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Don't know, but I'm going to guess that the Pro-SD came out after the RZ Pro.
    That seems so strange why would they be supporting two of the same basic 67 systems? What is the pro ass model then have the same kind of advanced features where you could advance the film with the same cocking lever as the mirror?

(Edit: okay I was dictating with Siri, and that's what she said, ironically, but actually I meant"Pro-S model").
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mamiya designed the rz to replace the rb but people still clamored for the rb for some reason, so why not? All the rz 180s are tessars, btw. The 140 is a great lens, excellent for portraits too. It was also Annie Liebovitz's favorite lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    That seems so strange why would they be supporting two of the same basic 67 systems? What is the pro ass model then have the same kind of advanced features where you could advance the film with the same cocking lever as the mirror?

(Edit: okay I was dictating with Siri, and that's what she said, ironically, but actually I meant"Pro-S model").
    RZ67 Pro was introduced in 1982.

The RB67 Pro-SD was introduced 8 years later in 1990 - it replaced the RB67 Pro-S which had been current for 17 years.

The RZ series may very well have been intended to eventually replace the RB series, but not immediately.

With the RZ series you lost functionality in some areas, while gaining in others. It certainly didn't make the RB series equipment second class.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    the RB 67 pro had manual and motor backs the motor backs had a power pack that attached to base plate and they were 120/220 switchable and would work manually if the batteries failed. they work ok with grip and tripod options

you only pushed the big lever ie the back operated off the shutter double exp pin then you pushed the lever

the RB67 backs fit the other cams if you have the correct adapters eg the press camera

the foam is an irrelevant problem it lasts for 20 years you replace it... if you used the RB in cold you may need relubed sooner than refoam there is foam in the revolver as well also needs... autos need gas...

you need the manuals and you need to read...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all the nice comments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    RZ67 Pro was introduced in 1982.

The RB67 Pro-SD was introduced 8 years later in 1990 - it replaced the RB67 Pro-S which had been current for 17 years.

The RZ series may very well have been intended to eventually replace the RB series, but not immediately.

With the RZ series you lost functionality in some areas, while gaining in others. It certainly didn't make the RB series equipment second class.
    Interesting, I thought RZ was a direct replacement and they came after the RBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop View Post
    Lugged my RB67 Pro SD up the hill to do a few test shots with the 140mm f/4.5 Macro C, with extension tube no.1, and some Velvia 50. I love this lens! The Velvia is easy on the eye too. Hope you like them... If only I could put this camera in my pocket.

Attachment 78207

Attachment 78208
    The blues look lovely!

Which brings me to... the winter mid-mornings actually have quite deep hued skies - but how does one get that in Velvia on 120? ND filters? stop down much?
    Any tips?
    Last edited by analoguey; 12-10-2013 at 02:43 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: deduplication.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I didn't use a filter, and I've done no post production. I don't recall the sky being so deep blue. Velvia just does that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop View Post
    I didn't use a filter, and I've done no post production. I don't recall the sky being so deep blue. Velvia just does that.
    Hmm. But this seems more like early morning? Or evening? I see the sky very blue towards the mid morning when Sun's harsh as well - my question was more from that context:-)

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It was about 11am, if I remember correctly. The velvia is quite flattering - I don't remember the sky being so blue.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin