Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,038   Online: 891

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

small, compact, durable 120 cameras

Regarding TLRs that can take a licking and keep on ticking, other than Rolleiflexes I'd suggest any of the Mamiya C-series (I have the C3) or a Ciro-flex. Mamiyas are heavy as boat anchors but take fantastic photographs. Ciro-flexes are quite light, but tough, and unrefined in comparison to other TLRs. However, that means there's little to go wrong with them apart from the shutters.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I found japanese synths and amps inferior also. Sharpest , more contrasty lens is not better. I did see only one nikon picture in my life is good. And I saw few good pictures with mamiya and pentaxes in the gallery but they were like laser show and they cant take a smooth weston like skin tone. Have EW ,WHJ, AA ever used a japanese lens ?
    This sounds more a matter of taste than based on the optical prescription and performance.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    Regarding TLRs that can take a licking and keep on ticking, other than Rolleiflexes I'd suggest any of the Mamiya C-series (I have the C3) or a Ciro-flex. Mamiyas are heavy as boat anchors but take fantastic photographs. Ciro-flexes are quite light, but tough, and unrefined in comparison to other TLRs. However, that means there's little to go wrong with them apart from the shutters.
    No experience with the Mamiyas, but I have to concur on the Ciro-flex. If you can get past the relatively cheap construction and slightly rough feeling of the controls, the thing is pretty bombproof. The Alphax shutter, at least, can be serviced very easily with minimal disassembly. The lens on mine is only a triplet, but it's coated and performs well.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I confess, I haven't read all five pages, but if you want durable then one of the Fuji GA645 series is the ticket. The GS645 are much more fragile.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Nobody could claim a japanese lens is as good as cooke, dagor , protar , ektar. I can buy these lenses for less than 1000 dollars. They are hotrod , 3 times faster car than the ferrari. Why I would pay 2000 dollars to a fuji , 1600 cc toyota ? Can you see the same dimensionality , colors , relief , depth , tonality, noise at a japanese glass ? They are wrong to my eye. Kodak , Chance brothers for Cooke , Schott for Zeiss , Dagor , Leica were the largest glass makers and developers in the last century. I did not hear anything for japan , they copied everything. I love japan most , I love japanese people most , I am in to their poetry , literature , religion , architecture , woodworking , steel making , pottery, textiles , foods , botanics , martial arts , cinema and everything is the best quality but I cant accept their lenses and films.
    You obviously "see" exactly what you want to see... objectivity is slippery little bugger isn't it?
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by msbarnes View Post
    Less than $10 is a bit extreme!
    I do not get your point. There are cameras at this price that fit your requirements of post #1.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I saw couple of Agfa Isolette II with Apotar lens selling for less than Euro 10 in ebay, some weeks ago. Seems nobody was interested to bid on that day...

One thing that I do not like about the folders esp., Isolette is the lack of safety pin that prevents the opening of the folder plate. I always have to carry the dirty old leather cover...
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I do not get your point. There are cameras at this price that fit your requirements of post #1.
    Which 120 medium format non-folder cameras with focusing abilities meet this criteria?
    Michael | tumblr

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa Isola in the triplet version. Limitations are the few settings of the shutter.
    But in the same price range I also got a folder with triplet, rangefinder and better shutter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you can afford a large outlay, opts for Fujifilm GF670
    6x6 and 6x7 have. this is my favorite camera
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/felixucomartin/6523743083/
    which is more sack of ride my Fuji GA645.
    Negative results of the 645 are all bad. but do not compare with those of the 670 or 6x6 or 6x7.
    the advantages a new brand with service and spare parts camera.
    disadvantages have to be careful with it

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin