Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,065   Online: 776

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 70mm Film

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    absolutely! you'll struggle to get good enough resolution for the spiral though.

I'm working on a prototype core extender to allow you to put 70mm on normal Jobo reels but of course only short lengths.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had 2 Watson's (35mm) in my hands the other night talking to myself about splitting them in half lengthwise and plastic welding them back together with a spacer in the middle. My wife of course thinks I am crazy, but showed no inclination to either load the film or develop it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    This might be relevant:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOBO-70mm-SE...item4acde4694d
    (fair disclosure - i have nothing to do with this listing)

Well that leaves my cpe-2 out since I understand it won't handle the #3000 series.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickth View Post
    Well that leaves my cpe-2 out since I understand it won't handle the #3000 series.
    It might leave your CPE2 out, but you shoudent rule out your future CPA2/CPP2....
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It might leave your CPE2 out, but you shoudent rule out your future CPA2/CPP2....
    Yes, have been to the page many times. :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickth View Post
    I had 2 Watson's (35mm) in my hands the other night talking to myself about splitting them in half lengthwise and plastic welding them back together with a spacer in the middle. My wife of course thinks I am crazy, but showed no inclination to either load the film or develop it.

If you have access to a band saw it's very doable. The hardest part would be to cut the bottom off one of them and leaving enough material to get 70mm of height. You will need an empty 70mm spool to fit things up.
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by aoresteen View Post
    If you have access to a band saw it's very doable. The hardest part would be to cut the bottom off one of them and leaving enough material to get 70mm of height. You will need an empty 70mm spool to fit things up.
    Last month I was totally going to give up on 70mm. Then I was cruising ebay and won a dedicated Mamiya RB Pro S with 70mm long roll back, no lens. The guy had been in business doing bank portraits for 20 years and contacted me. One thing led to another and after a fortune spent in shipping, I now have more 70mm than I know what to do with and need to get creative on using it. A lot of the long roll backs still have film, although probably no good. It does give me maybe 50-100' to experiment with ways to roll it, load developer tanks and such.
    I have plenty of Hasselblad 70mm, Singer RH 50, Transet, Honeywell/ Nikkor, Camerz, Beattie and such.

I raise the point because I either have to find a reliable and consistent way to use about a 1000' feet of 70mm or spend way too much time getting it sold, traded or some such.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My current thinking is Chicago style processing :-) I call it stuffing the ballot box. Based on exposed roll going straight into developer in darkroom, then to fixer. $89 x2 and done!

http://www.tapplastics.com/product/p...ballot_box/325

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think its worth any amount of money as these loaders are so rare....
    I wonder - is there any reel out there that can hold a long roll of 70mm other then the elusive Jobo reels which require a loader..??
    Nikor used to make stainless long reels in a few lengths up to 100 feet, and all the normal movie film widths, including 70mm. I even have one that's for 46mm (though I think maybe that was a custom job cut down from a Nikor 70mm reel by some end user.) They made a loader for all those too, just swap out a couple of rollers and guides on it for handling different film widths. The tank setup had a lid with a rotation/agitation knob that screwed into the reel, and then 3 nesting tanks for chems; you'd move the reel from one tank to the next (in the dark!) but then agitate in the light if you wanted to.

Duncan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Did Wing Lynch ever offer a 70mm insert On their model 4? I field stripped one I got here and have it in an out door shed. They had plexi canisters with holes for chemicals to pass through.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin