Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,922   Online: 970

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you for the tips, I think the way forward to make something myself, or perhaps even try this 3D printing malarky. The Alpa release button is non-standard, which I suspected it would be, but it is so much nicer than any other release button I've used or seen, I want to try to make it work. I'll report back once I've found a solution.

Mandoloid,
    I bought the camera with that focus ring already on it, I can only assume it's a Grimes, but I'm guessing. Unfortunately for testing in cold weather, I live in Australia and it's late December, so my opportunities to try in cold weather will not be for a while. In fact if you mean *really* cold, well, I'll probably not be experiencing that until I take a vacation somewhere cold...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mandoloid View Post
    BTW is that a Grimes focus ring in the photo? If so, can you enlighten some of us as to how it performs in colder weather?
    Looks standard to me. Here's the Grimes PaqPro page: http://www.skgrimes.com/products/exc...-camera-system

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin