Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,676   Online: 949

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amazing results! And I honestly do try not to envy you...
    | website | ipernity thing |

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arealitystudios View Post
    Combined with slide film, these two cameras could have been marketed to people who want the ultimate in image quality.
    I used Provia 100F for my mom. The pictures were done indoors using an on-camera flash with a 3D diffuser and the soft filter. The higher contrast of the transparency film dove-tailed nicely with the lower contrast of the straight-on diffused light and filtration to produce very nice modeling.

Given the less-than-ideal handheld snapshot setup (in her case the only way now), the overall result was very pleasing to me. Even my better half, not normally impressed with my efforts, did a double-take when looking down at the 6x6 frames on the light table.

I'd be crushed if Fujifilm drops all E-6 and Ferrania backtracks for any reason. I've just never warmed to C-41.

These are amazing cameras. And although it's true that the camera doesn't make the picture, it's also true that better tools make it more likely to realize those pictures.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    +1

Looks amazing!

RattyMouse, which store did you get the camera from? I'm even contemplating about selling my Mamiya 7II kit to fund one of these... It would be a perfect complement to my GS645 when traveling.
    Thanks!

I bought my GF670W from Yobodashi in the Shinjuku part of Tokyo. The price was incredibly low, something like $2150.00. I got an extra 5% off for using a Chinese Union Pay bank card. I'm not sure why they offer a discount like that, except to try to attract more Chinese customers (i'm not Chinese, I just live there).

Here in Shanghai, I would have to pay around $2800 for a GF670W that was 100% gray market and perhaps used, not new.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
    Amazing results! And I honestly do try not to envy you...
    Thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    Man, you make 400H film look great.
    Thanks for the kind words. But Fujifilm should get more credit than me!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Thanks!

I bought my GF670W from Yobodashi in the Shinjuku part of Tokyo. The price was incredibly low, something like $2150.00. I got an extra 5% off for using a Chinese Union Pay bank card. I'm not sure why they offer a discount like that, except to try to attract more Chinese customers (i'm not Chinese, I just live there).

Here in Shanghai, I would have to pay around $2800 for a GF670W that was 100% gray market and perhaps used, not new.
    Thank you. I figured it would be around Shinjuku. Next time I visit Tokyo, I might end up quite a bit poorer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    Thank you. I figured it would be around Shinjuku. Next time I visit Tokyo, I might end up quite a bit poorer
    Relax! It only hurts for about 10 mins......then it is all goooooood!

NJH

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi Ratty, I remember you from some other forums. I nearly bought the wide angle adapter for the X100, partly due to some great shots ISTR you posting with it but its bizarre indeed that at a similar time Fujifilm would produce a camera like this and yet do more or less nothing to try and sell the thing. The black version from Voigtlander seems to be identical. I have the 28 Elmarit APSH more or less glued onto my M6 recently, this new beauty sounds expensive but its only twice the price of a private sale on the little Leica lens alone. Sort of puts it all into perspective really.

I have a couple of questions:
    1) How are you finding it in the hand? It looks fantastically well designed so I guess should be really nice to hold
    2) How are you finding the metering?

Cheers
    Neil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Hi Ratty, I remember you from some other forums. I nearly bought the wide angle adapter for the X100, partly due to some great shots ISTR you posting with it but its bizarre indeed that at a similar time Fujifilm would produce a camera like this and yet do more or less nothing to try and sell the thing. The black version from Voigtlander seems to be identical. I have the 28 Elmarit APSH more or less glued onto my M6 recently, this new beauty sounds expensive but its only twice the price of a private sale on the little Leica lens alone. Sort of puts it all into perspective really.

I have a couple of questions:
    1) How are you finding it in the hand? It looks fantastically well designed so I guess should be really nice to hold
    2) How are you finding the metering?

Cheers
    Neil
    You SHOULD buy the wide angle adapter if you have an X100. It is wonderful.

Regarding the GF670W. It is BEAUTIFUL to hold as well as look at. It is a truly excellent camera to operate.
    I find the meter perfect in almost every way. Slide shots I have taken come out well exposed for the most part. Some of my night shots seem under exposed. I'm not sure if that is my fault or the cameras. I've only shot a few rolls so far at that light level.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh dear, my gas is acting up. I've been coveting one of these...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin