Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,953   Posts: 1,586,005   Online: 784

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This same thing happened on my Ikonta.

Yes, that missing screw very well could be the reason. It holds the linkage in place that reaches from the body to the shutter. When you push the shutter button down, the linkage should rotate around that screw to trip the shutter. Without the screw, the linkage shaft won't rotate. In the upper left of the picture at the other end of the linkage, a bright metal lever sticks out of the lens/shutter body. That is your shutter button. Press that and the shutter should operate.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That missing screw is definitely from the shutter release linkage but as Pbromagin says, the shutter can be fired from the lever on the shutter housing itself. Replacing the screw is likely to be difficult - just sourcing a suitable screw will be difficult, never mind fitting it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    This same thing happened on my Ikonta.

Yes, that missing screw very well could be the reason. It holds the linkage in place that reaches from the body to the shutter. When you push the shutter button down, the linkage should rotate around that screw to trip the shutter. Without the screw, the linkage shaft won't rotate. In the upper left of the picture at the other end of the linkage, a bright metal lever sticks out of the lens/shutter body. That is your shutter button. Press that and the shutter should operate.
    Yup, I found the lever and I'm able to fire the shutter now. Thank you very much. Now I just have to find a correct size screw, unless it's a special design screw

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Yaay, a workingZeiss gear for sooo cheap!

Good luck finding proper screw BTW - having whole bag of spare parts, I'm very happy to find anything useful in it. There are no common sizes in this business. I'd start with camera repair shop to get the right screw, really. You'll pay like 10 crowns and that's it, done.
    If the bellows are not hollow and the missing screw doesn't let any light onto the film, I'd say shoot with it, I know no better way to check for light leaks. I think you can also release the shutter with a cable release mounted onto the lens/shutter part of the camera, it's the right solution if you use a tripod anyways. There should be a threaded socket somewhere there to screw the cable in. (Note that Nettars may have older, wider 3/8 inch tripod thread, so you'll need an adapter to screw it onto modern tripod with 1/4 inch thread...)
    Use the Force, Luke!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have put the bellow up against the light - no leaks from what I can see. I've also tried to mount the camera on my tripod head, and it fit. YAAAY :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Load her up and fire away!

These old folders are a blast. But you probably should be careful. Medium format negatives are very addictive and normal people find they need more and more to be happy. Withdrawal can be very, very painful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By the way, don't let the linkage shaft separate from the body. Mine did and it cost me $65 (or was it $80?) to get it re-attached. My camera repair guy is a generalist with almost zero experience on these cameras and spent an hour figuring out how the baggie of parts I gave him fitted together.

And Pioneer is right. I have several 35mm bodies, a Mamiya tlr and a 4x5 studio rail camera, but the Ikonta 521/16 6x6 with zone focusing is the most fun camera I own. I really lust after a Zeiss 6x9.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You might try your local hardware store for a screw. It's doubtful that you'll find the correct one, but you'll probably find one that will thread into it gently and hold things together w/o harming anything. Just bring your camera in there w/ you. The folks who work in the stores, in my experience, are always grateful to see something out of the ordinary, especially a camera like yours, and will be happy to help you. They generally know where everything in the store in too, saving you some time. If you're lucky you can find a brass or plastic screw that will sort of thread it's way in there w/o harming the harder piece you're screwing it into. Just put it in there tight enough to hold it together.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you're enthusiastic about your Nettar, it might be worth buying one or two as donor bodies. Mine cost between £12 and £25 for a mint example, so as cheap as sourcing an individual spare part. How many medium format cameras fit in a jacket pocket so you can shoot a pair with monochrome and colour film, left and right?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    hi poul
    i just fixed my zeiss few weeks ago.
    as told in previous post, disasemble the shutter and take off the lens.
    to clean the shutter and iris, i bought some iso/propylalohol , poured enough to cover the shutter in a plastic bag.
    then placed it in a michrowave spectacle cleaning unit for a couple of cycles.
    according to my watchmaker, propyl works better than anything else and leaves no trace of oil.
    only thing is, that if shutter is soaked for more than 5-10 min, printed letters might dissolve.
    ocasionally you can dismantle printed areas.
    work the shutter and iris while soaked wet, dip in fresh propyl and leave to dry.
    if you have to oil. only oil visible parts in the shutter sparingly.
    it works for me.
    klaus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin