Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,607   Online: 808

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    I not sure but think the Air Force was the only branch to use the Koni Omegas. I have used the Koni Omega a few times and really liked the way it handles, I now a Mamiya Univeral, great lens, but the shutter must be cocked, just slower. The Konica Omega backs will also fit the Koni Omega Flex, a twin lens camera, but not a true reflex.
    The Navy also used the Rapid Omega. I used them in Photo School at NAS Pensacola and they were also used in the photo lab aboard the USS John F. Kennedy when I was assigned there.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a KO Rapid M and it's a great winter camera, really easy to operate with gloves on.

Regarding the frame spacing issue, I have three backs and they only have frame spacing issues with Fuji films, never with Ilford or Foma/AristaEDU films. I also have a Kiev 6C and again, I only have frame spacing issues with Fuji films, never with other manufacturers. Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but it's been my experience.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    35mm
    The Koni-Omegaflex is a true reflex. It's a twin lens reflex, not a sngle lens reflex.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    The Koni-Omegaflex is a true reflex. It's a twin lens reflex, not a sngle lens reflex.

It is a twin lens, but not a true reflex, it is direct view. For some reason I am unable to paste but check out the manual, although there is a angle view with a mirror the standard view finder is a ground glass like a view camera. I had an Omegaflex, liked the 6X7 negative size, but did not like the viewing system and sold it for a Mamiya C 33.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My favorite finder for the Omegaflex was the eye level. Sort of a chimney finder on its side. One gets used to the view being upside down as well as reversed left to right pretty quickly, or at least I did.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rice View Post
    My favorite finder for the Omegaflex was the eye level. Sort of a chimney finder on its side. One gets used to the view being upside down as well as reversed left to right pretty quickly, or at least I did.
    I had the standard finder, never got use it although I have no trouble with a ground glass on a view camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How much do you use the Omega? I was thinking of replacing my Bronica kit with the Omega. Just bought it and waiting for it to be shipped, although the back needs repair. I'm afraid I'm going to miss waist level finding. I use waist level and prism about 50/50 % each. And how do you find the speed of the lenses? I'm getting the 58 mm, 90 and 180. Think I will be using the 58 and 90 mostly. So Im a bit afraid of the 58 mm not being fast enough for handhelding because there is not alot of light here in Norway...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin