Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,733   Online: 1057

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTF: Hasselblad Film Back Serial Numbers

Looking on KEH's site a short time back for a couple more A12 backs, I noticed that the remark "matching numbers" appears frequently as part of the product description for the A12s. Anybody have any idea why? Is this a variant/mutation of "Fanboy-itis," wherein the serial number of the A12 casing must match that of the insert? (lol) Do "correct" serial numbers influence market value, and if so why? It's not that I give a s**t (all six of my current A12s do, however); I am just curious as to why KEH - and other sellers, I assume - make mention of the fact.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't think it really matters so long as the same type back is matched. But then, who would want mis-matched anything, when it is a simple enough affair to keep things together?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    read the user guide...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've got matching backs and non matching backs.Negatives from non matching are as sharp as negatives from matching.It's hard for me to believe that Hasselblad machined every insert to match one particular case/holder.Cogs is cogs,as they say.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ditto, can't tell the difference between matched and non matched that I have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    read the user guide...
    Umm...well...cheap-ass here bought some of his Blad equipment used (read: user manual...what user manual?).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The early 12 magazines for the 1600F and the 1000F *were* matched. Missmatched inset/shell could be off. When the 500c came out in 1957 the magzines where changed and made to better tollerences and improved. Since then I think that it was not as important. And when the A12 came out I know it didn't matter.
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    definitely doesn't matter with the A12's. Unless you're a collector, and then you shouldn't have a Hasselblad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    90% of my backs are early and it doesn't make any difference.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/hasselb...ad_a12_a24.htm

please try reading page 4

note one of the limitation's of 120 film cameras is film flatness and 'sets' that cold film may adopt if left in cameras with labyrinthine film paths.

This may only be detectable with the large aperture lenses close up.

Some 120 are designed with flat runs e.g. Autocord and Mamiya TLRs.

YMMV

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin