Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,747   Online: 1121

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got the lens back today, and the shutter closes and opens instantly now. David Odess does some good(albeit pricey) work. Unfortunately the mirror lock up problem is persisting. It's faster than it was before, but the shutter is still open when after the mirror goes up. Since the lens was just repaired(which it needed to be anyway) this leads me to believe the problem is the body. So I sent that back to KEH today and I'll see what they say.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Atari1977 View Post
    Well the lens is still out for repair, David Odess has been backed up lately. Along with a CLA he's replacing the main spring and the mounting tube, which according to him" It is a part in the shutter that has two teflon bearings, and one of the bearings is cracked, effecting the operation of the shutter".
    I recognise the description of that fault, I would do the same, replacement of the mainspring is good sense

Douglas Fairbank
    www.classicv.co.uk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Fairbank View Post
    I recognise the description of that fault, I would do the same, replacement of the mainspring is good sense
    Yup, the lens works great now. I took a couple of polaroids and they just look fantastic. The only lag is occurring during the mirror lockup, so my guess is the body's got a worn out spring somewhere, I'll see what KEH says.

Any repair to a Hasselblad is "pricey." Get used to it. You own the photographic equivalent of a Porsche or Mercedes. If you take care of your camera, it will function flawlessly. If you ignore maintenance and repairs, it won't work. Ignoring maintenance will create cascading problems that will cost even more to repair. I speak from experience.

David Odess gets backed up because he's a well-known and reputable repairman. He's also a one-man shop. He has repaired my Hasselblad, and I will send my business to him again in the future.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pgomena View Post
    Any repair to a Hasselblad is "pricey." Get used to it. You own the photographic equivalent of a Porsche or Mercedes. If you take care of your camera, it will function flawlessly. If you ignore maintenance and repairs, it won't work. Ignoring maintenance will create cascading problems that will cost even more to repair. I speak from experience.

David Odess gets backed up because he's a well-known and reputable repairman. He's also a one-man shop. He has repaired my Hasselblad, and I will send my business to him again in the future.
    I'm not complaining, David did great work on my lens. Guess it's just a shame that I start my Hasselblad experience with two pieces of gear that need repair. Luckily my 500C/M body is still under warranty from KEH.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, KEH couldn't replicate my problem, but they are exchanging my camera. So I guess if the mirror lock up issue continues on the new body, I'll just need to send the lens back to David Odess for adjustment.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got my exchange from KEH today and the mirror lock up function works perfectly on this one, plus I got an upgrade to EX+ since they were out of EX grade ones. After about three months, I am happy to report that I now have a fully working Hasselblad 500cm setup! I took some polaroids and they just look fantastic, I can't wait to run some actual film through this thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin