Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,138   Online: 1060

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

A (New) FinallyMamiya 7 that's busted!

Yesterday I finally got my Mamiya 7. Great joy in the streets. Today I got the battery and shot a roll of film.That worked fine. What i did not notice was that after the 12th frame it kept on going thru 13 all the way to 20 while I had installed yet another roll of film in it without noting that the "S" had not appeared as the instructions said. Now the counter says 20 just to the left of the line that tells the exposure number and refuses to move for any event. Open the back, it should go to "S"; it does not. Install a roll of paper backing and try to trick it into thinking it is film; nothing happens.... it will advance right through to the end with out stopping. Has anyone ever experienced this malady? And if so, how to fix it? Simply, I think, the back somehow is not resetting the counter to "S" when opened. How to fix this? Hate to send it back to K*H.

Logan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never had this happen with either of mine. Did you have the pressure plate in the correct position for 120 film? This should have prevented it from going past 10. The reset is controlled (I think) by some tiny mechanical contact point between the back and the body, is anything stuck in there?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you try and repair it yourself if indeed it is faulty you will invalidate any warranty that K.H give with the camera, I strongly advise you to.phone the company and arrange to send it back to be repaired,or.exchanged.
    Ben

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Make sure your pressure plate is set for 120. If it is then the counter is stuck and will not reset. It just needs CLA'd. I had this happen to my Bronica RF645, but I could temporary reset it by winding the advance lever with the back open and letting it snap back into place a few times and suddenly the counter would reset. I don't think the Mamiya 7 winder is loose enough to "snap." I know I can't on my mamiya 6's.

If you need to send it for a CLA I recommend Bob at Precision Camera Works in Chicago. Just sent my entire Mamiya 6 kit for a CLA.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just noticed you bought it from KEH. Send it back to them, they will repair it. They offer a 60 day warranty I believe.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    That's a 220 setting and a 120 setting, 20 frames sounds like you have it on 220....

Open the back, look at the pressure plate, it rotates, put a bit of pressure in a spinning motion and it should rotate after it budges (don't be afraid of a small amount of force). And change it to 120 and that should fix it.

Hope that helps.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's OK to say KEH, and yes, they will fix it for free. Great people over there!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Done it. Its on the way back even now.
    Logan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin