Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,483   Posts: 1,571,225   Online: 1114

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Pocketwizard mounting on Mamiya 645 1000s

Hey guys,

I've got a mamiya 645 that I use for a lot of location/studio work alongside a strobe. As you know this camera doesn't have a flash shoe (at least not for me since I have a WL finder) and I'm thinking how/where to mount the PW Plus X on the camera. Currently I have it dangling from the back part of the mask via the lanyard.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I strapped mine to the lens hood.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What about getting a cold shoe adapter that threads into the tripod mount? Basically the PW would hang upside down from the bottom of the camera. Somewhere like B&H has tons of little gadgets like this.

Or you could get the Mamiya left hand grip, it has a threaded mount that could mount the PW or add a cold shoe.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    What about getting a cold shoe adapter that threads into the tripod mount? Basically the PW would hang upside down from the bottom of the camera. Somewhere like B&H has tons of little gadgets like this.

Or you could get the Mamiya left hand grip, it has a threaded mount that could mount the PW or add a cold shoe.
    I was thinking about that, but instead of taking over tripod mount like that, get a cheap l bracket with cold shoe:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-Bracket-Tw...-/390745154026

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin