Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,290   Posts: 1,681,244   Online: 1080

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad 500C Mirror only stays down when lens isn't attached?!

Hello all,
    I have an issue that I can't seem to find anything about online. My Hasselblad 500C has been acting up--If I remove the lens, I can forward the turning crank, set the mirror and hit the shutter fine. The mirror will stay down and set. If I attach a lens (I tried with both my 50mm and 80mm), hit the shutter and turn the crank to reset the mirror, it looks as though the mirror goes down halfway and then goes back up, so I can't see anything. The shutter fires and I can reset the shutter just fine. The blades in the lens and the door work fine.
    Does anyone have any idea about this? I can't find any other thread with a similar issue.

Thanks,
    Hannah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where are you? If you are near me then another option for a reliable factory-trained and highly experienced Hassy tech is Steve Choi: www.stevecamera.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm in Florida. So I suppose California is a bit far.
    There isn't anything I hit on accident for this to happen? It seems so strange to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I doubt that you hit anything accidentally. Sounds like something is malfunctioning in the body.

BTW, CA is just as close as anywhere else if you use the mail.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How much might it be if I sent the camera to California to have the body CLA'd?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin