Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,103   Online: 802

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rolleiflex listed on Wisconsin Craigslist.

I found another camera that you Rollei fans might like. It is in Neenah, Wi. I'm not interested for me, but it sounds about right for a camera this age. Here is the link...

http://appleton.craigslist.org/pho/4306114498.html

Wha tdo you think? To high? Ric.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like a good buy.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format

What about flash?

I suppose because it is from the 50's it might not have X sync. It is pretty hard to find M bulbs. Maybe it has but any one looking into that camera might want to check. Otherwise you can still do indoor portraits with hot lights. Ric.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd be concerned about shutter accuracy. This is similar to my first Rollei, and although the speeds were ok in summer, winter use told me I needed a clean and overhaul, which ran $300 bucks.
    Fortunately, it is winter and the add says you must be local to pick it up. Shoot a roll running through all combinations of aperture and shutter speed giving the same exposure (you may have to switch locations to do this, for an upper and lower light range). The contact print will tell you about consistency.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi, MX-EVS has X-sync same as the earlier MX and uses a standard pc cord. All the best, Lance

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin