Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,671   Online: 1166

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Contax fans hold on to your socks!

Kyocera has been letting their distributers know that they are dumping Contax. No word on if they will be picked up by anyone else. Total drag!
    What!? Behind the rabbit?

Images
    I've always been _very_ happy with my Japanese CZ lenses. Never thought much of the cameras except for the ridiculously overpriced S2 that they discontinued anyway.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of course they are...I just bought into the G system yesterday. I should have warned all of you!
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I bought the ridiculously overpriced 645AF, and although I love it, I worry about what is going to happen to the price of accessories and service.

Images
    Thanks a heap, Mongo.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Thanks a heap, Mongo.
    Think of it this way...the price on used equipment (already unbelievably low) should take a nose-dive. I wonder when the "official announcement" will happen.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don t think they are eager to anounce. I only found out because my special order neck strap and release cord no showed. Fortunately B H photo came to my rescue. I am considering selling the 645 and investing in a Hasselblad set, but I am spoiled by the f stop/ shutter speed that gets etched on my film by this beauty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Walter Lyon
    I am spoiled by the f stop/ shutter speed that gets etched on my film by this beauty.
    That is a really nice feature.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Its a great system (the 645) and I for one will keep on using it. My only concern is getting it fixed if it ever fails. Parts are probably going to be problematic. I have it even worse--I have the 645 and the N1. I love both of the cameras and the lenses.

The writing was on the wall, fair to say. When they pulled the ND1 and didn't come out with anything, it was problematic. They basically came to the opinion (in my opinion without any facts) that "Digital is an R&D heavy business and we just don't have the R&D budget to do this. Its a shame. Kyrocera is an R&D driven company as it relates to ceramics. But in terms of Consumer marketing, they really have never been all that good. The analog cameras for pro's (RTS series) really set the standard at one point and then they rested on the laurels.

Oh well.....at least the used stuff will get much cheaper. This explains why Adray camera in Ann Arbor has great Contax pricing in this issue of Shutterbug.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Images
    I like 35mm Contax, both the G2 and the older SLRs, but I guess I bought them for those Zeiss lenses. Where will we get the lenses? Probably can't afford the Ikon.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin