Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,475   Posts: 1,597,554   Online: 1290

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Flare with Norita 80mm f2

Wondering if anyone has experience with this. I get flare whenever I shot outdoors with my Norita 80mm f2 on a Norita 66. No flare for anything indoors. I added one of those 3 stage collapsible rubber hoods, but I still get flare even with the hood fully extended.

Beginning to wonder how big of a hood do I need to avoid the flare?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you checked if the glass of your lens is clean?
    Try to shine a flashlight through the elements and check from the other side if there is haze. Some minor haze is typical to old lenses and does not influence the performance of the lens but if the haze is serious then it gives symptoms exactly like the one you are describing.
    Generally you should be able to take a picture without lenshood and without flare if you are shooting with the sun at your back but if the lens is hazy then every well illuminated scene (outdoor) might come with flare. This won't be a problem for indoor shooting.
    Last edited by antmar; 02-03-2014 at 05:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Checked it when I first got it but just took another closer look. It has some dust within the various elements (like most old lenses do) but no serious haze like I have seen on some older Leica lenses I have had in the past. Certainly nothing that looks like it would consistently compromise the optics.

So I gather other Norita 80mm shooters do not have to contend with a consistent flare issue?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not been a problem (for the most part) with my 80/2. I use a Nikon 62mm screw in lens shade from the older 85/1.8. It works quite well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin