Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,061   Online: 1037

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Will this diopter work on a GW690III

Mine has been lost forever. Manual says it's a -1. Pretty good price for 3 at Amazon if it will fit. What do you think?

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-X-Pro...s=fuji+diopter

Edit: Second thought... I don't see any threads...
    Edit 2, seems I don't know much about diopters or my eyesight. Since I need reading glasses I think I'll be in the +2 range.. nevermind
    Last edited by nbagno; 02-05-2014 at 08:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I do know that Nikon diopters for the FM (and other models) fit the GW series of Fuji cameras. They are on ebay in various strengths all the time. I use about a +2.5 reading and the +2 Nikon worked for me. But no promises.

I went to the drug store and tried various strength reading glasses in front of the Fuji eyepiece, by the way, to settle on the +2. You'll see it quite clearly.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    I do know that Nikon diopters for the FM (and other models) fit the GW series of Fuji cameras. They are on ebay in various strengths all the time. I use about a +2.5 reading and the +2 Nikon worked for me. But no promises.

I went to the drug store and tried various strength reading glasses in front of the Fuji eyepiece, by the way, to settle on the +2. You'll see it quite clearly.
    Is a x200 reading magnification the same as a +2 diopeter?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seems like on Olympus OM cameras there was about a .5 diopter native to the camera so the diopter you applied was less than yiu would normally need. Do you have any idea what physical size is the diopter?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin