Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,599   Online: 943

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Really enjoying my GF670

Still on a mini vacation in the USA where I bought my Fujifilm GF670. What an amazing camera. Hard to believe that one can have a 6 x 7 camera that literally fits in your jacket pocket. Even after 2 weeks of this I still can't believe it sometimes. A pocket medium format camera!! Of course, in the summer months, I wont have that jacket to put the camera in, but it will still be very small in my camera bag.

I need to find a good camera bag that can hold my GF670, GF670W, and my X100 digi camera. I think that's my perfect set up.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Jealous big time. I love that camera as much as you can love a camera you have never seen or held, much less used. The optical quality is fantastic and you can go from 6x6 to 6x7. I've been thinking of selling off some of my camera gear to get one of those instead. Was it really a better buy in the US than in Shanghai?
    Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    Jealous big time. I love that camera as much as you can love a camera you have never seen or held, much less used. The optical quality is fantastic and you can go from 6x6 to 6x7. I've been thinking of selling off some of my camera gear to get one of those instead. Was it really a better buy in the US than in Shanghai?
    Dennis
    Oh man, Shanghai is AWFUL. Two years ago I found a GF670 USED in the store and they wanted $1800 for it. That's more than it cost in the US new!! I would not pay more for a used camera so I never got it. Then, for the next two years I would visit that store on occasion and find that it was always there, unsold. Two years later it is still there. In the US you can get a used GF670 for $1100 sometimes.

My GF670W was $700 cheaper bought in Japan than in China.

Hopefully I'm done buying gear. I think so otherwise I'll be single again!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post

Hopefully I'm done buying gear.
    ha,

but I would look into a Domke bag. They are the best made. I had a thinktank 30 but traded for a domke f2 and I think its much nice bag.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am so glad companies make cameras like this, and people still buy them. I could trade my 501c for one and be very happy. Glad you are enjoying it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am certainly with you on this one. Easy in and out of the jacket, deploys quick and ready to take shots in seconds. I own some cameras with very quiet leaf shutters but I think that this one beats them all. There are many times when I quite literally do not hear the shutter go off.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    I am certainly with you on this one. Easy in and out of the jacket, deploys quick and ready to take shots in seconds. I own some cameras with very quiet leaf shutters but I think that this one beats them all. There are many times when I quite literally do not hear the shutter go off.
    It's interesting that Fujifilm with the GF670W put a LED light just outside the viewfinder that lights up whenever the shutter is open. So with this camera, you are never left wondering if you made the shot or not. I guess that was made based on feedback from the GF670. It is a VERY silent camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    ha,

but I would look into a Domke bag. They are the best made. I had a thinktank 30 but traded for a domke f2 and I think its much nice bag.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I own both the GF670 and GF670W and concur: They are fabulous cameras. Incredible to have such a large format in the hand with such a great metering system. Slide film? No problem! I also walk around with a pocket Fuji Klasse W 35mm advanced point and shoot. Another incredible toy.
    David S. Nardi Photography
    'preserving the beauty in nature'
    www.davidnardi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a very desirable state to be in to be happy with what you have, rather than constantly looking for the next" magic beans" that will make you a better photographer.
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin