Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,403   Online: 754

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Lowepro Nature Trekker for my RB67. In it I can fit:
    One RB body, a 50mm, 90mm and 140mm lens, four 120 film backs, a short and long extension tube, lens hoods, various glass filters, a Lee filter system, a sekonic studio delux meter, cable release and a load of film. The tripod straps to the outside, and if I ever need to take anything else, it goes into Lowpro sliplock bags that attach to the outside. It's quite compact like that but HEAVY, though the bag works well for that kind of load.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Excellent thread

I don't have any new information... just want to say that this has been a very useful and informative thread. I've discovered several manufacturers of photo backpacks that I wasn't aware of. Also discovered that others have the same issues that I do with most photo-gear backpacks... that while backpacking with bulky photo equipment, you still have to eat, sleep and survive otherwise. I just joined recently and this thread alone is worth the price!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dismalhiker View Post
    I don't have any new information... just want to say that this has been a very useful and informative thread. I've discovered several manufacturers of photo backpacks that I wasn't aware of. Also discovered that others have the same issues that I do with most photo-gear backpacks... that while backpacking with bulky photo equipment, you still have to eat, sleep and survive otherwise. I just joined recently and this thread alone is worth the price!
    A hearty welcome to the forum from Britain, I've been a subscriber for almost ten years and it's the best value for money in photography because whatever branch of film photography you're interested in there is someone on the forum who has experience in the field who can help your photographic problems.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    A hearty welcome to the forum from Britain, I've been a subscriber for almost ten years and it's the best value for money in photography because whatever branch of film photography you're interested in there is someone on the forum who has experience in the field who can help your photographic problems.
    Thank you! I have been amazed by the wealth of information as well as the depth of knowledge of so many participants. And its courteous and friendly as well, which isn't the case with all photo forums. The main danger is that there is SO much interesting info here. I started out looking for basic info about my new (old) RZ67 and now I'm getting interested in other MF and even LF cameras! My wife thinks I've gone mad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree, thanks for all the input on the thread!

I have one question - I'm also in the market for a pack to carry my RB67 in. I don't have a big kit (yet). I originally had the urge to get some large pack that would fit a full RB kit and a few digital items as well. After reading through this thread, I realized for my shooting, there is no need for something that will pack the whole kit and kaboodle. That being said, does anyone have experience with the Crumpler 6 or 7 million dollar home for toting a small RB kit around town? Maybe on a short hike as well. I'd think the most it would be is body, 2 lenses, 2 backs and a few rolls of film. Possibly the prism finder, but if I'm traveling light I have no problem leaving that home.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by amsp View Post
    Here's my F-Stop Tilopa BC. Their bags are very comfortable, open in the back instead of the front like most other bags, and have interchangeable inserts which makes it very easy to customize for your particular needs. Have a look at http://fstopgear.com

Attachment 82877
    Which ICU insert is this? Large or x-large, Pro, Slope, Shallow? Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just an update to this thread with the pack I mentioned in my earlier post. I did not think to place the link for the Tamrac 8x Expedition in that earlier post. So many choices out there it's truly a matter of needs and or preference in end.

Tamrac 8x

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Which ICU insert is this? Large or x-large, Pro, Slope, Shallow? Thanks!
    Pro ICU - XLarge

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by amsp View Post
    Pro ICU - XLarge
    Thanks! I've looked at the Fstop, Tamrac and others mentioned in this thread. Tough decision. I hiked 6 miles today with my RZ67 + accessories + extra back + tripod. The weight is not a problem, just the bulk. Anyway, thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks! I've looked at the Fstop, Tamrac and others mentioned in this thread. Tough decision. I hiked 6 miles today with my RZ67 + accessories + extra back + tripod. The weight is not a problem, just the bulk. Anyway, thanks again.
    Just keep in mind what I learned in the military a lifetime ago that it's not just being able to carry the weight for a days march but being in a fit physical state for "combat" when you get there, they used to recon the maximum an infantryman could carry was around 60 Lbs.
    Ben

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin