Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,927   Online: 937

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is what the Nature Trekker looks like with RB67 kit, that is one body, four 120 backs, 90mm, 140mm and 50mm lenses, two extension tubes, lee filter set, a few other odds and ends like lens hoods, cable release, lots of film. It's not tooooo heavy. If I want to add anything else, then other lenses strap to the outside in lowepro sliplock lens cases.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3054.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Just keep in mind what I learned in the military a lifetime ago that it's not just being able to carry the weight for a days march but being in a fit physical state for "combat" when you get there, they used to recon the maximum an infantryman could carry was around 60 Lbs.
    Thanks benjiboy... good point. I carried the RZ67, two lenses and two packs again this past weekend, many miles into wilderness, mountain terrain. One of the main issues is that the camera has to be repacked for moving significant distance. I tried to carry it on the tripod (eg., over the shoulder) but it was too heavy and I was concerned about strain on the tripod screw/head. So, every time I wanted to take photos I had to unpack it all, set up, take photos, break down setup, repack, etc. over and over. Makes me want to get a Mamiya 7ii. Still, I'm determined to get the RZ out into the wilds. Thanks again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin