Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,660   Online: 824

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Compact wide angle for Hasselblad V-system?

Hey guys,

The time has come where I'm in the market for a wide angle lens for my Hasselblad 501c/m. Since I use this camera as a daily carry, I am looking for something that is relatively compact and similar to the weight of the CZ 80mm 2.8 I usually have on the camera.

What are my options here? I don't mind trading a bit of image quality in exchange for compactness. Also, please don't just tell me to get a SWC .

Thanks!
    Suraj

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For Hasselblad, one doesn't have a choice of lens styles/formulations/versions of the same focal length from different manufacturers like one finds for Leica M. There are single choices for each focal length available. So, wider than 80, ones choices are the 60mm, 50mm, and 40mm. That's it. Which focal length do you prefer. I'm guessing that the 50 (feels like a 28 in 35mm format) will do the trick. 60 isn't wide enough for me. 40 is really cool, but not a small or light lens.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would suggest the 50 too, but I have to say, the 40 FLE is really not all that much bigger or heavier than the 50FLE, I was pleasantly surprised by this. However, either the 40 or 50 is about twice the size of the 80, you just get used to it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the older T* versions, and my 40 is significantly bigger than my 50.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 40 CF FLE is quite a bit bigger than the 50 as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by karl View Post
    The 40 CF FLE is quite a bit bigger than the 50 as well.
    I'll post a photo of both with the shades on and off, not a lot of difference in my direct experience.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Unless you can find a third-party lens, I don't think that you'll find anything. Zeiss never opted for portability if it meant compromising image quality.

There are very few compact Zeiss lenses for any format, and none that I can recall for medium format systems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Really? A 501cm is your daily carry? For how long now?
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    50/4 or 60/3,5. The latter is quite close to your 80mm but the difference is visible. We had another thread on Hasselblad wide angles some days ago with some sample pictures of how the different focal lengths compare. If you only want one compact lens to carry around and leave the 80mm at home, I would recommend the 60mm. If you want to carry an additional lens then 80mm + 50mm or 80mm + 40mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You want the 50mm lens. The 60mm lens is too close to the 80mm and the 60mm lens is not wide enough. The 40mm lens is probably too wide for what you want and way to large and heavy. Also the 40mm lens and the SWC are so wide that they are limited in use compared to the 50mm lens.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin