Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,496   Online: 868
      
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Posts
    25

    Anyone hav the experience with meopta flexaret 6 35mm film counter ?

    I own a Flexaret 6 , but I don't know how to count the film counter when using 35mm film , someone hav it's experience ? Thx Q

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    918
    My guess is that the film counter wouldn't work w/ the 35mm film insert.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    My guess is that the film counter wouldn't work w/ the 35mm film insert.
    It's work when u wind the 35mm film

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    918
    I was looking on the link below and someone stated that "you have to remind of the counter not to wind the whole film". Translated, I don't think the film counter works w/ 35mm, although it may spin while you are loading it? I see no way on the cameras for it to figure out when a 35mm frame would be expected to be "next" when it is so much smaller than a 120 neg, which is the camera's primary film usage. I would also think your counter does not go to 36?

    http://www.flickr.com/groups/2537230...7600058389986/

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Prague
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    21
    It has been decades since I was using this, but the counter certainly works for 35mm film. There should be an auxiliary counter dial that you move forward every 11(?) shot and the main counter goes around again. Also, there is an indicator on the back that changes when you put in the insert.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmasek View Post
    It has been decades since I was using this, but the counter certainly works for 35mm film. There should be an auxiliary counter dial that you move forward every 11(?) shot and the main counter goes around again. Also, there is an indicator on the back that changes when you put in the insert.
    U r right at the last , the back indicator will change , mayb wind it when count at "11" , I will try yr opinion , Thx Q

  7. #7
    thundertwin72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, SPAIN
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmasek View Post
    It has been decades since I was using this, but the counter certainly works for 35mm film. There should be an auxiliary counter dial that you move forward every 11(?) shot and the main counter goes around again. Also, there is an indicator on the back that changes when you put in the insert.
    That's right:

    When it comes to frame "11", you have to move the auxiliary wheel to the "1" position. The counter will start from "1". When display "11" on the counter again, move the auxiliary wheel to the "2" position. Returning to get back to "11", turn the auxiliary wheel to the "3" position.

    Combining the number of the auxiliary wheel (0, 1, 2 or 3), with the number of the counter window (1 to 11), is well known frame number.

    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    I see no way on the cameras for it to figure out when a 35mm frame would be expected to be "next" when it is so much smaller than a 120 neg, which is the camera's primary film usage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1313_20091012155125.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	83711,

    In the picture you can see a series of rollers: one external, of black color, which spin when used 120mm film, by activating gears for that film size.

    The inner rolls (brown) are driving the corresponding gears to 35mm film format.

    Regards.

    PS: Sorry for the translation.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by thundertwin72 View Post
    That's right:

    When it comes to frame "11", you have to move the auxiliary wheel to the "1" position. The counter will start from "1". When display "11" on the counter again, move the auxiliary wheel to the "2" position. Returning to get back to "11", turn the auxiliary wheel to the "3" position.

    Combining the number of the auxiliary wheel (0, 1, 2 or 3), with the number of the counter window (1 to 11), is well known frame number.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1313_20091012155125.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	83711,

    In the picture you can see a series of rollers: one external, of black color, which spin when used 120mm film, by activating gears for that film size.

    The inner rolls (brown) are driving the corresponding gears to 35mm film format.

    Regards.

    PS: Sorry for the translation.

    Thx for yr post , it's help a lot



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin