Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,384   Online: 1096

Shooter
    Medium Format

Is there a ight-weight bag or weatherproof cover for a Mamiya C220f with 80/2.8 lens

I would like to replace the 670g / 1.49lb shoulder bag I use to carry my Mamiya C220f with 80/f2.8 lens around in, for something lighter and slightly smaller; without room for anything else. Preferably available in the UK or EU, and a.s.a.p., as losing that extra weight is of a matter of high priority.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have some Mamiya TLRs, and when I want to go minimal--I use a medium-sized Zing neoprene pouch. It easily slides over the camera, only weighs a few ounces, and works well to cushion the camera with minimal extra bulk. This assumes you have a strap attached to the TLR.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ing_Pouch.html

If the Zing isn't readily available, I'm sure you can find something similar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bet an insulated lunch/cooler bag might work well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Many thanks Barry.

A quick google found that the medium-size zings are available in the UK, also the large-size. This good news means that I won't necessarily need the car when I take the Mamiya out

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a fairly small, reasonably light camera bag that was sold as a part of a kit with a consumer grade Canon digital SLR camera a few years ago. It has just enough room for my C330 with waist level finder, 65mm and 135 lenses, a few rolls of film, a hand meter and a couple of smaller accessories.

EDIT: It looks similar to this one: http://www.expansys.com/canon-camera...100-eg-169690/

I have bigger bags when I want to take along the trigger grip, the prism finder and a paramender.

Further EDIT: I see that one is actually heavier than what the OP is using now - oops.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been using a Mamiya C330F for more than 25 years and although I have an ER case for it if I want to travel light I just carry a strong plastic pedal bin liner n my pocket in case it rains.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin