Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,874   Online: 1068

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    jealous very much, get it put in for a service and you have a top camera on your hands

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by razocaine_07 View Post
    jealous very much, get it put in for a service and you have a top camera on your hands
    Mine has not had a service in 30 years...
    But you need to start cutting up mouse mat or buy in a kit for light seals.
    The 140 mm macro is a nice all round lens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by razocaine_07 View Post
    +1 to going green.

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yeah at some point very soon I plan on doing the light seals, might get to it this weekend

the body itself didn't look too bad but the seals on the 120 back has seen better days
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    yeah at some point very soon I plan on doing the light seals, might get to it this weekend

the body itself didn't look too bad but the seals on the 120 back has seen better days

John Goodman has the seals. I bought them for my RB67's when I got them. There are 3 seal kits you will need if you want to reseal the everything. One for the mirror, another for the rotating back, and a third for the film back. If you have more than one film back, you will have to purchase a kit for each back you wish to reseal. It's a pretty straight forward task to do the seals, just time consuming depending on how easy the seals come off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a repairer who will charge me a lot less to re-seal a camera if I go through the grotty part myself - removing the old seals and cleaning the residue!

That being said, Jon Goodman's seal kits work really well.

By the way, which version did you get - RB67 Pro, RB67 Pro-S orRB67 Pro-SD?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    mouse mat scissors craft knife meat skewer double sided pressure sensitive tape can of zippo is all to hand...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin