Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,490   Online: 928

jcc
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Rolleiflex 6000 vs. 6006 Magazin

Straight to the point: Is the mounting assembly (the part that contains the ISO dial, hinges open on the magazine, and connects to the camera) on a 6000 and 6006 interchangeable?

The long explanation: I have a broken 6000 and a working 6006. The part that is broken on the 6000 is backing plate assembly; the part that goes up and down when the darkslide curtain is closed or open. It seems to me, through visual inspection (without a thickness gauge) that the only difference in between the 6000 and the 6006 is the electronics, which control ISO communication to the camera (a Rolleiflex 6008). I can use the 6006 back, but the camera thinks it's always ISO 100, no matter what setting the dial is at — this irks me. So I'm thinking about swapping the mounting assembly between the 6000 and 6006 to get the ISO communication. Do the two mounting assemblies have the same thickness? If not, this will change the distance of the film plane, hence throwing off focus. Does anyone know if they are interchangeable?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Did they ever make a 6000?

jcc
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Rolleiflex 6000 vs. 6006 Magazin

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    The backs I have, have "Magazin 6000" or "Magazin 6006" on them. I don't think there's a 6000 camera.
    Last edited by jcc; 03-10-2014 at 03:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There never was, thank G*d.... the lot we have are bad enough. I doubt you ever get the shift to work. The 6006 back will "sometimes" work on my 6008, but really, get a handheld meter and use it for better results.

Logan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Use the 6006 Magazine and control the ISO by using the camera's exposure compensation dial.

jcc
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TimVermont View Post
    Use the 6006 Magazine and control the ISO by using the camera's exposure compensation dial.
    That only works when shooting ISO 1600 or slower though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin