Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,033   Online: 950

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

hasselblad sonnar 150mm shutter kaput?

I have a 150mm sonnar that recently jammed up a 500 body.

I was able to remove the lens and the body works fine with other lenses.
    The 150mm shutter seems to be the culprit.
    I tried cocking and releasing it manually, and if i roll the shutter shaft screw it will fire, at all speeds, but when i put it on the camera it will not fire and get stuck half way.

Any idea why this is happening? Or perhaps the shutter on that lens is kaput?
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You may need to send both the body and lens it. Depends on how much wear there is on components.
    this guy does me right.
    https://plus.google.com/110676640124...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Which body? All of my lenses work fine on my C/M and EL/M, but my 50mm and 150mm jam when removed from my 500C. I'm not sure why it happens, they work fine until removed.

I had a similar issue to yours when I first got my 100mm. It hadn't been used in 25 years and would get stuck part way, but it would eventually finish doing its thing. After playing with it for a bit it got smoother, but I get the impression you've had this lens a while and that's not what's happening.

If at all possible, try the lens out on a different body. My cameras have gotten sticky shutter releases in the past that only act up at some times.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    the body is fine, why would i want to send it in?
    CatLABS of JP

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by heterolysis View Post
    Which body? All of my lenses work fine on my C/M and EL/M, but my 50mm and 150mm jam when removed from my 500C. I'm not sure why it happens, they work fine until removed.

I had a similar issue to yours when I first got my 100mm. It hadn't been used in 25 years and would get stuck part way, but it would eventually finish doing its thing. After playing with it for a bit it got smoother, but I get the impression you've had this lens a while and that's not what's happening.

If at all possible, try the lens out on a different body. My cameras have gotten sticky shutter releases in the past that only act up at some times.
    Thanks, will try on another body...
    CatLABS of JP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could it be the shutter shaft has enough resistance to cause the problem? Lubing the shaft may be the cure.

Of course only factory trained specialized hassenblat engineers should be trusted with things like this.* There is a colony in the nether reaches of Tibet. :P

*Or so I'm told.
    Last edited by John Koehrer; 03-11-2014 at 07:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin