Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,546   Posts: 1,544,513   Online: 1149

Shooter
    Large Format

Identify Strange Hasselblad Screen, plz.

I have here an odd screen that I took out of a parts ELM that I can't identify. Scan posted. The screen is very much brighter than the normal Hass. screens. It has a split-image, a microprism doughnut, and the rest of the field is typical groundglass. The whole thing has grids, though they barely show in the scan. The screen is obviously 2 layers. A very nice screen. But here's the problem. On this underside view, I have pointed out how the inner frame is higher than the outer frame, which means that it rests on the camera pegs on this higher surface, and throws infinity way out of whack.
    I can't believe this is a Beatty, or Interscreen, or whatever. I'm wondering if this bright beautiful screen might just be some Russian junk. Any ideas? Thank you.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funny screen.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	233.9 KB 
ID:	84275

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It does kind of look like the screens I've got in my P6, K60 and K88CM. But they don't come with the metal surround (at least the P6 and K60 didn't, the K88CM had one in when I got it).
    It could be that a previous owner bought one of those nice Ukrainian screens and hacked it into their own metal surround which is the problem?
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ps, I've found this which is a screen for a K88 in a metal frame. Nowhere does it say anything about fitting Hasselblad, so it does look like a previous owner just tried to make it fit...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well, it looks like the good doctor came to the rescue. I believe that answers it. I had suspected it was some Russian contraption. That's a shame. Sure is mighty bright. But obviously it isn't working in any of my Hasselblad Modified's. Throws infinity out of whack. Good doctor, what do you think of my hairbrain scheme to get this multi-layer wonderful screen out of its metal frames and adapting the glass into a regular C? Did I mention how bright it was? Thanks. I appreciate it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, they're very nice screens. A lot better than the nearly 5mm of dull glass that came on my Pentacon Six.
    Unfortunately I don't have a real Hasselblad, only Hasselbladski, so I can't offer any advice for making it fit (other than be careful). On the Hasselbladski there are a few screws in the focussing screen mount for adjusting fine focus. Are there any in a real hassy? Or shims you can add/remove?

Shooter
    Large Format
    on the C, it is adjustable by screws at the 4 corners which push the upper frame downward against a spring-loaded frame below the screen.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin