Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,431   Online: 836

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    A Paxina 29 or 35 is exactly the kind of thing I was after, thanks elekm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gbenson View Post
    A Paxina 29 or 35 is exactly the kind of thing I was after, thanks elekm.
    Not so long ago I got Paxina for 5 euros, played a little and sold it on ebay for 3 euros .
    Lens was foggy and full of cleaning marks - but anyhow pictures were not bad at all when stopped at f11. Camera was very easy to use, feels sturdy and it is not heavy. Worst thing is very small viewfinder.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There are two styles for the Paxina. The simpler version has a square collapsible lens panel, while the other has a traditional collapsible lens like a Rollei 35 or other collapsible lenses.

The one with the collapsible lens should have a leaf shutter and a full range of apertures.

The shutter on this one has four speeds: 25-50-100-200 plus B. Apertures run from f/2.9-f/22.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    f/2.9 on a 75 mm lens is pretty fast for a scale-focus camera. At 10 ft (and I'm guessing your focusing scale is in feet), the DOF wide open will be < 1 ft in front and behind. I know I'd have a hard time guesstimating that. I would have to keep this loaded with ASA 400 film and stay well away from wide-open, but others with better skills may relish the challenge...

--Dave

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Iskara looks like a Minox but is a folder and used to be cheap...

http://www.lomography.com/magazine/r...folding-camera

but Lomo probably are inflating price

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Paxima's are nice cameras, light, and a pretty good lens, I have a 29, with the collapseable lens, and the prontor shutter, with speeds from 1 sec to 300, It is very usable,and I have taken some nice shots on mine, If scale focus is a problem you can pick up a small shoe mounted rangefinder for peanuts, whhich makes any scale focus camera with a shoe an uncoupled rangefinder camera
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hapo 66e or its Balda parent-- fast lens, auto stop on film winding, very compact when folded. The film wind takes some getting used to but the Enna lens is excellent, a real sleeper.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a Paxina 29 off ebay for £14 this weekend, so lets see where this takes me.
    Thanks everyeone for the advice, I'd never have found this camera without it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin