Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,123   Online: 1156

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have both the RB and M645.
    I have no problems taking the M645 on vacation with a couple of lenses but the RB is just to big and heavy to lug around for long and it only leaves the house for occasional walks etc. I use the RB mainly for still life.

So, I would go with the M645 if you need a take it with you system but I would get the RB if you need more of a studio camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the Mamiya M645 when I need a larger negative (for large prints) and still want the smallness of a 35mm slr., like taking photos when in a small plane.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Rz67 is lighter than the RB and has some advantages. IMO one of the best cameras ever made. I have a 645 and a rz. I can't remember the last time I shot the 645

Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    I use the Mamiya M645 when I need a larger negative (for large prints) and still want the smallness of a 35mm slr., like taking photos when in a small plane.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RB67.
    Heavier - means even at 1/30 feels good, little shake.
    Lenses sync w flash at full speeds - and rotating backs.
    Plus fully manual which means repairs easier and not dependent on electronics being current.

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Which will you choose

I will always choose Hasselblad.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Which will you choose

I will always choose Hasselblad.
    Hasselblad already out of my budget

Shooter
    Large Format
    At one time I owned both an RZ67 and a Pentax 645Nll. I used the RZ on a tripod with studio lights and shot the Pentax hand held. I enjoyed both cameras for shooting people. Now in medium format I just own a Hasselblad 500/CM but I like square photographs.

If you like square and a Blad is over budget, Bronica 6x6 cameras are real nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which version of the Mamiya 645 bodies are you considering? If it is a Super, Pro or Pro-Tl, it offers interchangeable backs.

The 6x4.5 SLRs are much more usable with a prism finder, so the question becomes which finder is included?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by yashica92 View Post
    Hasselblad already out of my budget
    Yes, but the question is "What would you choose?" So I answered it. If you save a bit longer then you can buy a Hasselblad with a lens knowing that you will have to wait longer for the next lens than you would have for another choice. That said, consider the other recommendations, but before you buy a camera get one in your hands to be sure that the camera will work for you. You will be using the camera and you need to be comfortable handling whatever camera you buy.

Handling the camera validates your choice, no one can tell you what is right for you.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RB67 ProSD.
    Albeit a heavy beast, they work well, provide a big image, and the revolving back eliminates rotating the camera for vertical - horizontal changes.
    No hand held usage for me, always on tripod.
    Last edited by Trail Images; 03-15-2014 at 02:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin