Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,623   Online: 848

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    If you cycle with the Pentax why should Mamiya be any different? (Weight wise)

Sent from Tap-a-talk
    Mamiya doesn't look like as solid and strong as pentax... Just my impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    If Pentax is Level 1 and Mamiya is Level 2
    Hasselblad is level 3

Get a Hasselblad.
    I don't know pentax level... I was talking about bronica's level compared to Mamiya.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The RZ is a great system, but may not be as enjoyable to use as your Pentax for what you describe. I had both and in my opinion the Pentax 67 is a more enjoyable field camera than the RZ unless you plan to take landscapes on a tripod. Both have great glass and the Pentax has AE prisms and waist-level finders in the system.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ignore the hype re: Hasselblad. Had that system too. It's nice, but can be very expensive; on the other hand, the Pentax is very economical and has a better range of lenses. Check out the 100mm Macro with 1:1 lifesize element!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    If Pentax is Level 1 and Mamiya is Level 2
    Hasselblad is level 3

Get a Hasselblad.
    Pffft...snob. And yes, I have both the "Level 2" and 3 cameras you refer to.
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    Ignore the hype re: Hasselblad. Had that system too. It's nice, but can be very expensive; on the other hand, the Pentax is very economical and has a better range of lenses. Check out the 100mm Macro with 1:1 lifesize element!
    In addition, the 6x7 format is so much more than 6x6. Realistically 6x6 is more like 6x4.5. I had many 6x6 cameras. Once I got my Pentax 67-ii I stopped using all my 6x6 cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I take landscapes shots with tripod.
    I gave up the idea. I will keep my Pentax which I like a lot and I will look for a Mamiya for my studio shots, or maybe a portrait lens for my pentax and view finder so I can use for portraits in studio instead of spend more money on an other camera.

But when I saw the mamiya in the shop I couldn't resist on thinking about get it to have a 6x7 format for my portrait shots. At the moment I use Bronica 6x4.5 for portrait in studio.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marciofs View Post
    I take landscapes shots with tripod.
    I gave up the idea. I will keep my Pentax which I like a lot and I will look for a Mamiya for my studio shots, or maybe a portrait lens for my pentax and view finder so I can use for portraits in studio instead of spend more money on an other camera.

But when I saw the mamiya in the shop I couldn't resist on thinking about get it to have a 6x7 format for my portrait shots. At the moment I use Bronica 6x4.5 for portrait in studio.
    The rotating back makes the RB67 a wonderful portrait and studio camera.

And if you like 6x4.5, you can always get a 6x4.5 back for it - just be sure to get or make the corresponding viewfinder mask.

I use my 6x4.5 back(s) when I want to shoot slides for projection.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin