Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,618   Online: 1297

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Barter Pentax 67 to Mamiya 67

So I will take my Pentax 67 to the guy in a shop have a look and see if he accept it to give me a Mamiya 67.

My only doubt is if it is recomended to use Mamiya 67 for landscapes, if it is though as Pentax 67. Because I cycle a lot with my camera on my back and I use it very often in the field. And as I can see Mamiya 67 is a Studio camera isn't it?

But I wan't use it for portrait too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It seems that you plan to use the camera handheld. I occasionally used the RB67 handheld in the past and nowadays sometimes use the RZ67 likewise, but neither is well suited to such use. They work best with the L grip.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why? The Pentax 67 is just as good as the Mamiya neither is lightweight. The Pentax 67 was used by many famous fashion and portrait photographers (so was the Mamiya) and the lenses for the Mamiya are usually a bit more expensive. The only drawback of the Pentax is the Sync speed and maybe the lack of interchangeable backs. For landscape work it's a wash the Pentax is probably less fragile because it's more or less one solid Body whereas the Mamiya has the backs, etc...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The draw of the RB67 for me when I wanted to get into MF photography was the interchangeable backs. I wanted a 6X7 negative, and the RB delivered in price.

If you are going to be cycling around with it a lot, you might not want to add bulk. I love the interchangeable (and rotating) back on the RB. If I were going for weight, I wouldn't want the temptation of taking 3-4 backs with me! Throw in that extra lens, and a tripod, and heck I might need the prism finder too. all of a sudden your pack is as heavy as a bag of bowling balls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Because I cycle a lot with my camera on my back and I use it very often in the field. And as I can see Mamiya 67 is a Studio camera isn't it?
    I love my RB67. I also use to cycle a bit competitively years ago. With saying these things I do not see RB67 & cycling in the same sentence, ever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stay with the Pentax.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At firts, when I saw the Mamiya in the shop I thought it would be a great idea to switch but I kind of got convinced that it is better keep the pentax. Thank you for all the words and advices.

I will save money and probably sell my Bronica 6x4.5 which I use for studio, and replace it for a Mamiya 67. So then I can have it for the studio shots and Pentax for my landscapes and travel.

Bronica is good but I believe Mamiya is the next level.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you cycle with the Pentax why should Mamiya be any different? (Weight wise)

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Bronica is good but I believe Mamiya is the next level.
    If Pentax is Level 1 and Mamiya is Level 2
    Hasselblad is level 3

Get a Hasselblad.
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 03-17-2014 at 04:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Large Format
    Handle the Mamiya preferably with the left hand grip attached before you buy/trade.

A very good friend of mine owns the Pentax with wooden grip and I used to own an RZ67 with the left hand grip. I don't like the Pentax. I don't like the way it feels in my hands. I don't like how it doesn't have interchangeable/revolving backs. I liked my waist level finder. My friend on the other hand loves his Pentax and absolutely hated my RZ.

In reality both are fine cameras but neither is everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin