Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,970   Online: 1019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the early box tenger 54/2 and the single meniscus lens with a small aperture in front of it is definitely able to produce sharp pictures.

Nothing short of a test will help you there.

I had trouble with scratched negatives on mine, but that was due to oxidation on the film plane edges and film rollers.

I mistakenly identified my Tengor as a 54/2, it's actually a 56/2. The settings/focus discussion is fascinating. I notice that at the most distant setting, the detail at infinity is reasonably sharp as long as it's not too close to the edges and corners of the frame. The central part of the image is plenty sharp. I'll have to experiment a bit with distance settings and apertures. I've decided I don't want to enlarge my Tengor images to much more than 5x8 inches.

Here's one at F/11, most distant setting:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OC Tengor small.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	234.1 KB 
ID:	84781

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin