Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,299   Online: 920

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepanta View Post
    Thank you all so much,
    It makes total sense that the frame would be exposed from to the supply to the take up and that the line would appear depending on the ambient light and how long the film would he in position. I will check for leakage when this spool is finished.
    I would like to send the camera in to get the seals re-done - any recommendations? I am prepared to send the body in via post as I am in D.C and there are not many good camera shops around.
    Thanks again,
    Sepanta
    Get a kit from Jon Goodman. It's not too difficult to do yourself. I redid one of my 120 backs without a template or kit, I just cleaned out the gunk in the light trap on the back door, and replaced it with wool yarn I had left from redoing my MX and ME Super. If you haven't done it before, a kit would be very useful.

If you're not confident you can do it yourself, look around at some camera dealers before sending it off. I got my second ETRS body in very good shape (rated BGN since the leatherette was pealing in a couple places) from KEH for less money than it was going to cost for a CLA on my first one that came from eBay.
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fretlessdavis View Post
    Check the light seals on the back. I know the ETR-C can't interchange, but there are light seals on the back door that can gum up.

Interesting issue, though, looks like what my one of my ETRS backs was doing when the light trap for the darkslide was thrashed.
    Covering all respective slits with black electrical tape and testing on two strips of 35mm film should yield a result without even spoiling a whole 120 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My camera repair person charges me very little to replace foam seals on things like Mamiya RB backs if I first do the grungy work - clean our the old seals!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If it is an ETRC, the back is not removeable. Presumably there is no slot for a dark slide. Since you are not changing backs mid roll, you could just wrap the light seal areas in black electrical tape after loading the film, and you should be ok until the end of the roll.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin