Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,567   Posts: 1,573,480   Online: 759

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt View Post
    Sounds like the meter works. My hope is it's a dirty contact in the knob. Try spinning the shutter speed knob through all positions for a few minutes. If that doesn't get it working I'd send it in for a cleaning. In fact that's probably not a bad idea anyway.
    This is what I believe the problem is as well. I had a Mamiya 6 body that did exactly as yours and sent it to Bob at Precision Camera Works in Chicago and he cleaned the contacts inside and around the shutter dial and its work perfectly since. Sounds like yours just needs a little cleaning. Call Bob!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ok i tried spinning the dial a bit as suggested, and that seems to have done something.

Though I do notice now that if I use A and meter a scene, then switch to AEL and meter a scene without moving the camera I get a very different shutter speed reading. Any thoughts as to what would cause that?
    - Abram

Mamiya 7II / Hasselblad 500CM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin