Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,056   Online: 1023

Shooter
    Multi Format

Plate film adapter for Rolleiflex / Rolleicord

I just bought a set of cameras in an auction, and in that set were a Rolleiflex that I really wanted. But when I picked it up, there was a lot of accessories included that where not listed in the auction itself. With these accessories where a plate adapter kit, with what looks like 3 film holders, a back for a Rolleicord / Rolleiflex, and a holder with a ground glass for focusing. Now, I have no experience with plate film or Rollei-anything, so this is a bit new to me. Can I even get film for these holders anymore? And is this something that's worth anything (i.e. should I mess around with it or just keep it in the box?)?
    Canon F1n / FTb / AE-1P | Yashica Mat-124G | Hasselblad 500C/M | Leica IIIf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used pieces trimmed from a 120 roll in the sheet holder for my Hasselblad. Hasselblad's holder uses sheet film that is cut from 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 sheets, but I don't know what the Rollei holder uses.
    My idea for getting it was insurance against a time when 120 rolls may be hard to get. Using them for home made plates, or perhaps wet plate would be an interesting project, if you were so inclined.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cutting the film to fit the holders and processing the film might be formidable tasks if you are not experienced with sheet film.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    It uses sheet film in 6,5 x 9, that is still cut in Europe. Ilford and Wephota cuts film in this size, and maybe the Adox films can be cut in 6,5 x 9 on special order. Efke did, but they aren't in business anymore.
    J. Patric Dahlén

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin