Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,504   Online: 681

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Oops I loaded my film wrong RB67

I just realized tht I loaded my film with the backing paper facing the wrong way into my RB67. What would be the best way to get itloaded correctly?
    Feeling stupid in San Diego

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Step into the dark room (or place it in a changing bag) and open the back, remove the spools and rewrap the film tightly onto the correct spool. At this point, you shopuld be able to turn the lights on and reload in the proper direction.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Boy , now I really feel stupid. I forgot that I can take both spools out. Thanks Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't feel stupid.

When I got back into film last year (with an RB as well), I shot and developed my first roll with the lens in "mirror lockup" mode...meaning I got zero exposure on the roll.

All part of the process.

I'm pleased to say that, after who knows how many dozens of rolls through the RB at this point, it feels completely natural. In fact, its been a serious re-awakening for me. I still shoot my Nikon digital when necessary, but that camera now seems insanely over-complicated to me. I mean, seriously. Its nuts. Countless buttons, dials, wheels. Two display windows. Crazy deep nested menus. What's all that for? You don't need it. At least I don't, 99% of the time. The only thing the Nikon really shines at is action shots where the AF comes in handy. But that's not my bag at all. At least rarely. Seriously, who needs AF for portraits? That makes no sense.

I'd much rather shoot the RB. It just feels right.

All that new technology is like crack cocaine. Somehow they convince you you need it. It feels very liberating when you realize you don't.
    I shoot digital when I have to (most of those shots end up here) and film (occasionally one of those shots ends up here) when I want to.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "I shot and developed my first roll with the lens in "mirror lockup" mode...meaning I got zero exposure on the roll".

Yes, but they probably showed no camera shake :] I've learned to look on the bright side of everything.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by StevoG View Post
    I just realized tht I loaded my film with the backing paper facing the wrong way into my RB67. What would be the best way to get itloaded correctly?
    Feeling stupid in San Diego
    Been there done that you need to recall that the film goes through the sharpest turn possible and look at the dotted lines on the floorplate of the insert...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently scored an RB for free, and during the first two weeks of ownership I didn't touch my digital not even once, so long that the batteries were dead when I actually did decide to use it.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit, under the knife for a bit
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 / Ektar 127
    RB67 Pro S / 50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Off topic, but I'd like to step in and voice my agreement with omaha. Recently I bought my first digital, a simple cheap P & S. I found the manual online and was shocked to find it contained 196 pages. I'm way happier using any of my old film cameras -- dead simple.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Don't feel bad, I messed up once loading my RB.

Thinking that you load a RB just like a 35mm, I once took the film and went from roller to roller without going to the front of the film box or whatever you call it. I thought then that I needed to do more photography with the RB and less with the 35mm. This reminded me of something that happened while I was in the Navy back in '74. I was at a park (stationed in Hawaii) and a Japanese woman was going to take a picture of three Japanese men. She had an SX-70 Polaroid and the guys were talking and laughing and didn't notice that she was looking into the lens and not the viewer. I walked up to her holding up my hand and they got a serious look on their face, so I just took the camera and spun it around. The all laughed and bowed in thanks. Maybe she was trying to take an extreme close up. Once I also took some pictures of my neighbor with his little kid on his shoulders. Then I realized I had no film in my camera. (Come now guys, like these things never happened to you.) Ric.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok. Quick quiz. Which is worse? Loading the film backwards? Or double exposing the whole roll?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin