Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,479   Online: 1048

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Very interesting.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Merged.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I was so impressed when Brian Eno had the music for Windows 95 Startup, that I made a wave file from Another Green World and set it as my startup sound just to be different.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    I was so impressed when Brian Eno had the music for Windows 95 Startup, that I made a wave file from Another Green World and set it as my startup sound just to be different.
    When I had XP on my Dell (now running 7, of course), I set it up to use The Microsoft Sound from Win95. Alas, can't change the startup sound in Vista or 7 to something different.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was addicted to the Windows 95 startup sound. It was like a spiritual high every time I heard it. Very comforting.

I wonder what RZ67 lens they used for the XP picture?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    But was it Velvia, Velvia50 or Velvia100?? Hahaha I assume it has to have been either original Velvia or Velvia50? Was Velvia100 around then?

ALSO
    He did say he took about 4 frames... BUT when describing how Windows bought the photograph it sounded like they only purchased one of them, so does he secretly hold onto the other three frames??
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But was it Velvia, Velvia50 or Velvia100?? Hahaha I assume it has to have been either original Velvia or Velvia50? Was Velvia100 around then?

ALSO
    He did say he took about 4 frames... BUT when describing how Windows bought the photograph it sounded like they only purchased one of them, so does he secretly hold onto the other three frames??
    I'll bet on Velvia 50, the early stuff. I'm thinking out of the 4 frames, as he stated the weather was fleeting, maybe the clouds covered the FG light a bit in other frames taken. Regardless, it sure was an excellent take and an interesting story in the end.......
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'm surprised they didn't sell this space for advertising.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Images View Post
    I'll bet on Velvia 50, the early stuff. I'm thinking out of the 4 frames, as he stated the weather was fleeting, maybe the clouds covered the FG light a bit in other frames taken. Regardless, it sure was an excellent take and an interesting story in the end.......
    Yes but original Velvia or Velvia50?

Good stuff. And if he has the other 4 frames he probably wasn't going to admit it on the interview and risk being sued or something.

He probably also made a dupe
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    "No retouching. No computer generated anything. Just one amazing photo..."

Ahhhhh...

Ken
    The image that is said to be most viewed is computer generated. It has been digitized by a computer then reconstructed with colored lights by a computer.

Looking at that any thinking you are seeing an analog photograph is like viewing a bottle of wine on your computer and believing you have tasted it.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 04-12-2014 at 11:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin