Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,619   Online: 752

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Images

Mystery 127 Film

Any ideas what this film is? I got a weird little camera along with a Polaroid SLR 680 here recently, and along with a bunch of spiders and their eggs, there was this roll of 127.

Contrary to what my profile details may claim, I'm no 127 format expert so I would be much obliged if y'all had any idea what this was and how long I should soak it in HC110.

Oh yeah, the third/fourth image attached is the camera it came in. Should be fun to see what's on the roll. if anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3944.jpg   IMG_3945.jpg   IMG_3659.jpg   IMG_3660.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow my aunt found a very similar camera...I havent had time to inspect it but good to see at least one other exists....but eww spiders and spider eggs...lol

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    By the backing paper it looks like VerichromePan
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    By the backing paper it looks like VerichromePan
    I would be really surprised - there is no Kodak insignia or film type indicator on it anywhere, and I don't think I have every observed that with Kodak film.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try to develop the negative, maybe there are some interested photos there .

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I would be really surprised - there is no Kodak insignia or film type indicator on it anywhere, and I don't think I have every observed that with Kodak film.
    Actually I already have a few rolls of it, I actually use it to reroll for the special HP5+ for re-rolling, so I've seen the paper but I can't exactly on roll it much to show you because there's film inside...

But mine doesn't say kodak either...

But it certainly came from a VerichromePan roll (there's even an image shot with the original film in my gallery, I believe it's of lettuce or a garden in my back yard).

But here's my roll...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397404540.166951.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	263.8 KB 
ID:	86176
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So do I assume correctly that you are seeing edge printing that tells you it is Verichrome Pan, but there is no printing on the backing paper that identifies it?

If so, I'm guessing that someone has re-rolled that film.

Is there edge printing on both sides of the film? If not, I'm wondering if the film started out as 120, and was cut down.

There may once have been 46mm Verichrome Pan in long rolls. If so, maybe that is where your film came from.

What are the edge numbers like - do they progress normally from 1 - 12?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    So do I assume correctly that you are seeing edge printing that tells you it is Verichrome Pan, but there is no printing on the backing paper that identifies it?

If so, I'm guessing that someone has re-rolled that film.

Is there edge printing on both sides of the film? If not, I'm wondering if the film started out as 120, and was cut down.

There may once have been 46mm Verichrome Pan in long rolls. If so, maybe that is where your film came from.

What are the edge numbers like - do they progress normally from 1 - 12?
    I think you are a little confused, you can still purchase old boxes of their Verichrome Pan 127 Film...

The role you are seeing is a role that I originally purchased and opened from the box directly on out before I opened it. It was most certainly VerichromePan...

I actually have one more box left to shoot.

But the picture I posted is a picture of the role that originally was VerichromePan, but after shooting the original roll, I rerolled some 46mm HP5+ that was in a bulk roll... That's all, so I can unroll the entire piece of paper to show you the entire thing because there is film inside that is waiting to be shot...

Anyway it is possible of course that there were other backing papers that had the same exact color with the silver ink, but I'm pretty sure that kodak used different backing papers for different films, and that the OP's roll is VerichromePan...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Oh and about the edge numbers, there are two different sets of numbers there are three numbers in a row in the center depending on which camera you use these go from 1 to 8 or 1 to 10 I believe, and then there are a single line of numbers on the right side of the role that go from 1 to 12 this is of course for different format framing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is the 127 Verichrome Pan that I am familiar with: http://m4.i.pbase.com/g5/29/663529/3...4.CNr6Oy5Q.jpg

That is an image I found using Google.

I am too young to know what 127 Verichrome looked like .

Any chance, Stone that what you have is Verichrome, not Verichrome Pan?

And with respect to the numbering, I wasn't talking about the numbers on the backing paper, but rather the numbers edge printed on to the film.
    Matt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin