Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,568   Online: 1214

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fuji GW690ii shutter maintenance

Hey everyone,

I am considering purchasing a Fuji GW690ii with a high shutter count (894). Just wondering how much the standard shutter maintenance (every 5000 actuations) tends to cost, and also if I could be looking at a higher repair fee if the shutter wasn't serviced after the first 5000? The manual says it might stop firing after 10000 actuations without a service.

Thanks

Nick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suggest you pass unless its super cheap. It might cost 50% of the going rate of that camera to service. At that price you could easily get a lower count body or the iii version or the sw ii version. Fuji suggests service at mid life cycle and full replacement at the end of the recommended life cycle but I am sure some shutters fail sooner, and some may last longer. But one thing is sure, the older and more worn a leaf shutter, the greater the chances that it will be more inaccurate.

Shooter
    Large Format
    A low count doesn't mean anything. It could have scrolled over and actually be a high count, or conceivably it could have been zeroed during service and, again, actually be a high count. Buy based on overall condition, and as with any used camera with an unknown service history, be prepared to pay for a CLA.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    well this one clearly has a confirmed high shutter count. Just trying to find out how much shutter service costs if there is anyone here who has had it done before.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Afraid it's been quite a few years since I last had a GW CLA'd, so any numbers I could dredge up would be way out of date. If no one else here has more recent experience, you could try emailing Bob Watkins of Precision Camera Works - Bob has extensive experience with Fujis as well as other MF and LF equipment.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    okay thanks - I will do that. Guess I should probably add the cost of postage to my calculations.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin