Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,963   Online: 1012

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle M. View Post
    I also just purchased a Zeiss Ikon Ikonta 521/2 CLA'd by Certo6 on ebay. Mine has a 105 f4.5 novar in a prontor-s shutter with M and X sync. Should be here tomorrow or monday and I can't wait to try it out, I've been looking for a nice 6x9 folder for some time.
    Kyle, please post what you think of that camera. I almost bid on it, too. I have a hankering for a zeiss 6x9 folder and have been watching his offerings for several months, but can't decide which one to get. Viewfinder, rangefinder, coupled, uncoupled, tessar, novar, prewar, postwar, rapid, synchro,,,,,. Just too many choices.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Kyle, please post what you think of that camera. I almost bid on it, too. I have a hankering for a zeiss 6x9 folder and have been watching his offerings for several months, but can't decide which one to get. Viewfinder, rangefinder, coupled, uncoupled, tessar, novar, prewar, postwar, rapid, synchro,,,,,. Just too many choices.
    Will do, my main objective was to get something in 6x9. I almost exclusively shoot T-MAX 100, so I can live with the 1/250 top shutter speed of the Prontor-S. As far as the viewfinder vs. rangefinder I guess this will help me learn to judge distance better.
    Yashica-Mat 124 G

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well I got my Ikonta saturday, and I've put 3 rolls of T-Max 100 through it since then. The shutter speeds are perfect, the self timer actually works and sounds healthy, and theres not a single light leak. I will definately be checking Certo6's ebay listings again if I'm ever in the market for another folder. Maybe a 6x6 voigtlander or agfa next.
    Yashica-Mat 124 G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I got my Ikonta saturday, and I've put 3 rolls of T-Max 100 through it since then. The shutter speeds are perfect, the self timer actually works and sounds healthy, and theres not a single light leak. I will definately be checking Certo6's ebay listings again if I'm ever in the market for another folder. Maybe a 6x6 voigtlander or agfa next.
    Any results you want to show?
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Any results you want to show?
    Theres a few on my flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/shootf...7644555326195/

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to get anywhere other than the woods with it, hopefully next weekend I'll get some good shots with it at the FPP walking workshop.
    Yashica-Mat 124 G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you, Kyle. My compliments on the one with the few leaves standing out from the rest of the woods. That kind of shot is pretty tricky with zone focusing. Even with the Novar it's really looking good. Tessar, Shmessar.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you, Kyle. My compliments on the one with the few leaves standing out from the rest of the woods. That kind of shot is pretty tricky with zone focusing. Even with the Novar it's really looking good. Tessar, Shmessar.....
    Yeah I like that one too, I believe I shot that at 1/60 at either f11 or f16. I pretty much just guessed the distance and crossed my fingers, it didn't help that the wind was blowing. Then when I saw the final product I was like WOW... thats pretty good for a 65 year old single coated lens. My original plans were to seek out a Super Ikonta with the 3.5 Tessar, but I've decided I'm plenty happy with the 4.5 Novar. I'm still waiting to see how the uncoated Rodenstock Trinar on my Franka Solida does.

Edit: Just saw that Certo6 has another 521/2 listed for about the same price, with a 3.5 Novar.
    Last edited by Kyle M.; 05-12-2014 at 06:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Yashica-Mat 124 G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah I like that one too, I believe I shot that at 1/60 at either f11 or f16. I pretty much just guessed the distance and crossed my fingers, it didn't help that the wind was blowing. Then when I saw the final product I was like WOW... thats pretty good for a 65 year old single coated lens. My original plans were to seek out a Super Ikonta with the 3.5 Tessar, but I've decided I'm plenty happy with the 4.5 Novar. I'm still waiting to see how the uncoated Rodenstock Trinar on my Franka Solida does.

Edit: Just saw that Certo6 has another 521/2 listed for about the same price, with a 3.5 Novar.
    $112. Sheesh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had a Zeiss Ikonta 521 that I got in excelent condition. I think the camera was never used before because it still had the original wooden spool inside. It was a great camera! Shoot some dozens of rolls and sold to a friend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    $112. Sheesh.
    Well, somebody bought it. I was reeeeeeaaaaaly tempted, but I kept thinking I'll just end up getting GAS again next year and want a Tessar and some kind of rangefinder.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin