Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,479   Posts: 1,597,634   Online: 1279

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congratulations, you'll be taking great photos with it for years to come, I'm sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prest_400 View Post
    Well...

I saw a GW690III on the bay at a very nice price, and bid for it yesterday... No one else went for it, so now I am an owner of one of these cameras
    Looking back, it's been almost 2 years ago since I started to eye the Fuji 6x9 series, and a bit more than 5 yrs since I began craving MF.

Certainly I've got one thing that I dislike, before even having the camera; It hurt to see the bank account balance emptier Now I've got barely enough for some film.
    Ah, the budget of a student, plunge down some savings, will recover 'em in the future for sure.

Despite having been so long hesitating to get into MF I still had doubts when I won the auction; Maybe MF is way too much? No budget for tripod so it will have to wait, and I should get my good handholding going on again.
    Great camera. You'll love it. Just practice your metering, keep your shutter speeds up and you will be VERY pleased with your results. Be sure to shoot some slide film with that camera. There is NOTHING like seeing a gorgeous transparency at this size. Nothing like it. Well, large format, but let's not go there.

Enjoy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Problem is, you can't do anything with that transparency anymore except enjoy it on a lightbox or scan it, unless you have a very expensive projector that can handle that size. I shoot 35mm E6 for projection but don't see any reason to use the remaining 120 E6 film in my fridge, unless I get a medium format projector. That isn't too unreasonable for the 645 and 6x6 frames. At 6x9 I'm not even sure such a beast exists (6x7 yes, though expensive, but 6x9 I really don't even know) and if it does, it'll cost you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I developed a fair number 220 rolls this last weekend from a shoot of a Rotary Project installation trip to Navajo Mountain UT the previous weekend prior, Portra 400 shot with my RB 67.

When I see negatives like these I do sometimes wonder why I shoot anything else. Of course then to develop and print a couple sheets of 4 x 5 HP5...
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Believe me, I am often tempted to get an RB67 kit and forget 4x5, especially when I'm loading holders or find an otherwise excellent negative and shot ruined by dust.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Problem is, you can't do anything with that transparency anymore except enjoy it on a lightbox or scan it, unless you have a very expensive projector that can handle that size. I shoot 35mm E6 for projection but don't see any reason to use the remaining 120 E6 film in my fridge, unless I get a medium format projector. That isn't too unreasonable for the 645 and 6x6 frames. At 6x9 I'm not even sure such a beast exists (6x7 yes, though expensive, but 6x9 I really don't even know) and if it does, it'll cost you.
    They do exist, expensive for sure: http://www.markerink.org/WJM/HTML/proj_667.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was given (for free!) my most recent medium format projector.

I paid $300.00 for the one I bought a couple of years ago.

Both project up to 6x6.

I am shooting that E100G I have in my freezer!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I was given (for free!) my most recent medium format projector!
    A most excellent gift !
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was given my 35mm projector, a Kodak autofocus model. If someone wants to give me a medium format project I'll a) be very grateful, b) start shooting my 120 E6, c) buy more 120 E6, and d) immediately buy some appropriately sized slide mounts.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm pretty much a newbie amateur photographer starting only late last year and it didn't take me long to get completely hooked on medium format roll film and I've become a medium format junkie and my specialty is antique medium format film from the 1930s to the 1970s, have shot over 30 rolls of 120, 620 and 116 formats in the past 6 months which are featured on my Flickr channel https://www.flickr.com/photos/51853869@N08/sets . I however haven't abandoned the 35mm format as I still shoot it here and there, but the quality of medium format is better and I can easily do a decent quality scan using overhead projector lighting and my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone camera so I shoot it more often than 35mm.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin