Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,546   Posts: 1,544,507   Online: 1171

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by edcculus View Post
    I've been thinking about picking up one of these from a guy I met in town one day. I was shooting my RB67 and he approached me to ask about the camera. Turns out he is a photographer, who obviously now shoots all digital. He said he had one of these cameras, along with at least 2 lenses, 2 backs, grip and non metered prism I think. He bought it from the company he worked for when they were offloading all of their film gear. Hes been holding onto it for years, and offered to sell it to me since I was still active in film photography.

I've been kind of on the fence. I love the RB, but a slightly more portable MF camera would not be a bad thing.
    At one time I owned an RZ67 and loved it but I only used it on a tripod. At the same time I owned a Pentax 645Nll for hand held shooting people which was a lot of fun. If you take the fellow up on his offer I would look for a metered prism finder so you don't have to carry around an additional meter. I'm sure you could find one very reasonable on Ebay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With its portability, Bronica ETR family was the most popular cameras used by wedding photographers. Now very few pros still shoot film. Pixels are more efficient... on the business side.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've almost sold my etrsi a few times now as I also have an rb67 (which deserves more use) but can never quite do it. It's just kinda cute and now I'm getting on a bit I appreciate the relative lightness vs the rb67.
    Thinking of getting a second body just in case.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I love my RB67s but i do enjoy my ETRS!

For weekends i drive my Ferrari, but for carrying concrete i love my ford 150.

Each has its use.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I too love the ETRSi. I picked up the ETRSi and Mamiya M645 at about the same time a few years ago. I shot a couple of rolls thru both of them with their standard lenses (75mm on the Bronica, 80mm on the Mamiya). Image quality seemed about the same to me, but it was the swappable film backs which sold me on the Bronica. I have the 75mm E-II, 150mm PE, and 250mm MC lenses, speed grip, AEII metered prism, and several 120 backs. I have a been wanting to pick up a wider lens (40mm or 50mm). As others have mentioned, with the metered prism and speed grip, it is very much like shooting a large 35mm SLR. I have also found the metering of the AEII prism to be great. Bottom line is that I agree - the ETRSi is fun to use!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I started out, breifly, with the RB67 but realized I wanted 6x6 more so I sold that to get an SQ-A. Still have it and love it. I've since added a Mamiya 645 Pro (after having the M645 1000s) because of the 80mm f/1.9 lens. BUT everytime I pick up a ETR series decked out with a prism, I'm wow'd at how small the system is. I've, multiple times, thought about selling the Mamiya 645 kit for the ETR series.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently tried the SQ. The square format is interesting that the photo can get fuller since the frame extends to both dimensions.

But it is easy to get the horizon in the middle of the photo in landscape. Then it looks bad and it appears the line would cut the photo in half.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin