Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,944   Online: 909

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bronica ETR-Si is So Much Fun to Use

The Bronica ETR-Si (and other ETR) is so much fun to use. It handles just like a large 35mm, like Nikon F4, F5, etc. I also carry the 40mm and 200mm lenses with all the filers. The AE III really helps and make the shooting much faster. I do not really need the Goosen meter I carry.

My only comment is that, the 200mm MC lens is hard to focus. I guess I'm just not used to it. I'll carry my 150mm lens instead, do not really need the 200mm.

When I swapped film backs between BW and color, I forgot to change the ISO setting (100 vs 400) twice. But Negatives came out just fine. Nice surprise.

It is a pity that the money is chasing the pixels....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't played with a Bronica... Yet...

I don't mind the money chasing the pixels, but then I buy, not sell. I now own, and use, cameras that I never could have afforded back in the day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The pixel cameras may have to be upgraded every couple of years. It is also more fun to go the classic film photos....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I love my ETR kit, but I'd rather trade it up for a rangefinder some time.
    Check out my website!

Yashica T4, Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Yashica-D.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Riehl View Post
    I love my ETR kit, but I'd rather trade it up for a rangefinder some time.
    (A Fuji 6x9 rangefinder is in the same price range.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the old days, SLR was considered too expensive than the TLR and rangefinder. Now it is just the opposite. This has a lot to do with the demand and supply.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Bronica ETR series cameras and lenses are quite a bargain now. Anyone on the fence, contemplating trying medium format ought to buy one.

My first medium format camera was an ETRSi with a 75mm lens. I ended up selling it due to a very good friend giving me a fantastic deal on an EC 6x6 with 3 lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been thinking about picking up one of these from a guy I met in town one day. I was shooting my RB67 and he approached me to ask about the camera. Turns out he is a photographer, who obviously now shoots all digital. He said he had one of these cameras, along with at least 2 lenses, 2 backs, grip and non metered prism I think. He bought it from the company he worked for when they were offloading all of their film gear. Hes been holding onto it for years, and offered to sell it to me since I was still active in film photography.

I've been kind of on the fence. I love the RB, but a slightly more portable MF camera would not be a bad thing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When I was looking for a med format SLR it was either mamiya645 or etrsi. Mamiya came along first so went with that. Yes these 645s handle not much different to a large 35mm slr. I have mine on an optech strap which helps with the extra weight. Just going out the door with it now!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too love the ETR series. A while I was able to purchase a very nice kit with ETRSi and ETRS bodies, WLF, ELPrism, AEII metered finder, 4 diopters, 40mm, 50mm, 75mm, 150mm and 250mm lenses, 4 120 backs, 2 220 backs and a 135 back, speed grip and other odds and ends. With the 150 or 250mm lens, AEII prism and mounted on a tripod, it makes a great portrait camera.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin